Right place @ the RIGHT TIME

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to one of my dump banks to drop $500 in dimes. Got my cash ticket off the self-serve coin counter. Went to teller window to cash out, then asked her if she had any halves or IKE's. She said no, but teller next to her pipes up "I have a bunch of halves, like $18 worth", took them all. Got home, turned out to have 3-90% & 3-40%. What a stroke of luck, being at the right place at the right time.

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice grab dozer!

I have good luck at my dump bank with the coin machine. It rejects silver so many times the person dumping their coin grabs the coins out of the reject bin and cashes them in with a teller. I once scored $16 in loose 40%ers out of the teller tray.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet pickings Dozer! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Persistence pays off. Nice of teller to speak up.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Since my last 6-silver half pickup, I stopped again at the same bank/head teller. Ask her if she would save me all the halves & big Ike's that comes in (to include all the other tellers). She said sure, even asked for my phone number so as to call me periodically when she gets several coins. I'm hoping for some big silver, and often, wish me luck. She was very nice about it all, better get some treats lined up, huh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread