Lurker Finally Made Account

CRH_Mano

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I've been seeing a lot of people getting skunked lately and I decided to stop lurking.

I've been "loosely" CRHing for years (occasional CWR) and finally decided to upgrade to boxes.

I've been focusing on halves.

my first 3 weeks I got 2 boxes (my very first box of halves ever had 2 walking liberty ENDERS... which i didnt realize how special that was until now. and a total of 5 90%ers an 7 40%ers)

my next 5 boxes were skunkers.

Now on week 4 of doing halves, I've upped the volume to 4 per week, so today I opened my 7th box (after doing 6 boxes total over 3 weeks)

and my first box yielded GAINS! There is silver out there!

W5pVbUG.jpg

The 1968 is a PROOF! I was blown away... I believe 3 million mintage!

so... keep your chins up high and grind away... I still have 3 more boxes to look through this weekend :P

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to say this, but YOUR HOOKED in the hobby world of CRH., good luck in the future.

OP
OP
C

CRH_Mano

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got skunked on the last 3 boxes. Gonna order 4 more for next weekend on Monday

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got skunked on the last 3 boxes. Gonna order 4 more for next weekend on Monday

I'm a Dime man myself, but would always welcome extra silver halves anytime they come around.

OP
OP
C

CRH_Mano

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Dime man myself, but would always welcome extra silver halves anytime they come around.

How are dime boxes over time? Do you ever get dream boxes? Or boxes with a 5+ silvers often?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How are dime boxes over time? Do you ever get dream boxes? Or boxes with a 5+ silvers often?

I keep detailed records, but off hand, since doing serious CRH in the Fall of 2011, probably 250-350 boxes a year, for cumulative approx 2550 Rosie's & mercs. In the earlier years I could very easily find boxes with over 7-silvers. YES, I did find a dream box just recently (Jan.2017) with 98-silver dimes, having 33-Rosie's & 65-mercs. I still have dreams of finding that bank box in the wild. I guess that's why they call it a dream box, you dream about ever finding one, then when you do find one, you dream about it forever. Currently I'm running only about 1.5/box avg. this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread