mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow CRHers. My CRHing activities have recently taken a nosedive. My last remaining free coin counting machine starting charging 5% to account holders and non account holders alike. They will not even accept large amounts of rolled coin without the fee. I've been splitting my returns between turning in rolled coins to TD bank and using coinstar with the no fee giftcard option and adding it toward my Amazon account. Anyway, i have been building up a sizeable account balance and was considering purchasing gold through Amazon prime.
Has anyone here tried this? What are your experiences with purchasing gold through amazon? Thank you in advance and HH. MM2

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would compare the prices you would pay @ amazon to online stores such as JMbullion or APMEX. Or even what you can get at a local coin shop. Whoever has the best prices would get my business. In my experience buying coins on amazon, they usually are on the higher end of price.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd probably even pay a higher premium when it comes down to it, and buy from an established and trusted bullion dealer. That could possibly mean buying from a local source.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't matter where you buy gold. What matters is knowing the current price, and how much the seller is marking it up. Shipping and Insurance charges are also a concern. Many sellers make up what they lose on a low price through their shipping and handling/insurance charges. I prefer to buy locally. :skullflag:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You must beware of counterfeit gold. "They" are very good at faking even the slabs nowadays, fooling some dealers.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your replies. I will probably look to buy elsewhere especially with the concern of counterfeits as Fistfullofdirt mentioned. I'll look into those online stores Mxh5891. Thanks, MM2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread