3rd Barber of the year and a dump record that may never be broken

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up my 2 boxes for the week, 1st box showed a 'D' reverse Kennedy ender so I knew I wouldn't be skunked. The first role I opened had a 40%er in it so I was hoping for a box with some numbers. It didn't produce volume but it did produce some variety. Found a total of 6 40%ers, the '64-D reverse ender, a '52 Franklin, an '86-S Statue of Liberty proof (my 5th) and the 3rd to last role has a super worn rim. We guessed it would be a dateless Walker but it turned out to be a 1895-O Barber, our oldest Barber to date and the 3rd one this year out of 81 total boxes worth of halves. Very worn but no damage. Exited to see it.

Earlier in the day I was dumping some pennies, nickels, dimes and halves as a mixed load. The machine needed a bag change after I dumped a total of..... wait for it.... $0.02. That's right, 2 cents. I challenge the CRH community to report a sooner bag change.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
sweet finds

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. . . The machine needed a bag change after I dumped a total of..... wait for it.... $0.02. That's right, 2 cents. I challenge the CRH community to report a sooner bag change.

For a self-serve machine, I sometimes dump halves until there needs to be a bag change and then only dump another 999.50 after the change (just so that there isn't 2 bag changes on halves in the same visit). Rarely, but occasionally, I'll be the one that causes a bag change after a single half is counted and I know no one has put any half dollars into that counter in a week or more.

I suspect your $0.02 record will hold.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Boom!

Attachments

• IMG_4370.JPG
    IMG_4370.JPG