Bank Error in Your Favor... Collect $2.16!!

Decender

Aug 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garret Pinpinter 2
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I was dumping my usual fodder into the coin counter today when it jammed. Lucky me right? It froze on 1.29 and left the other $85+ in change stuck in the machine. Called the guy over and was asking if it had a secondary collector tray inside of it for reject coins. Turns out it does. He tole me that the tech guy had been out there today once to fix the machine and I was not the first guy to have it freeze up on me. Well, he opend it up to get my change out and I looked and seen that the tray inside was empty, and something told me to peek over into the trash can because I had spotted a dime in there on my last trip. And holy bleeping bleep! I seen money, and I started fishing it out. It was the reject tray trash from inside the machine!!!! I scored $2.16.

IMG_20170912_202951.jpg

Bent pennies. Normal pennies (why). Chewed up quarters and 2 normal quarters (why again). 1 nickel that was given a beaten. 1 dime that has a hole through it from something. 1 machined flattened penny from a souviner makers (not pictured). And, to top it all off. 9 normal dimes that makes me wonder why they would have been rejects. But wait, one of those dimes looks prety freakin sweet... look a this 2000-P misaligned die!

IMG_20170912_202713.jpg

I guess you can say I had a good day! Back to the rolls tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread