OMG.....A SCORE OF A LIFETIME

corvettebill

Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to pick up some rolls today that a teller had told me about. The lady said that she had $540 in halves. I asked if they were from one person, and she said that all but $40 werte from that person. She said that the $500 had been gone through, so I took the $40. Skunk. As I was driving home, I stopped at banks along the way. For some reason, I stopped at a bank I hadn't stopped at in about 2 years, because whenever I had been there before, they ne3ver had any halves, and I stopped about one a month for two years. Today I stop in and ask the teller if she had any halves. All three tellers chuckled , and i said "ok?" She then told me a person had dropped off $900 worth that morning. I figured that it was a CRHer, and that they had been gone through. She said she didn't know, but the lady that dropped them off had put the dates of the coins on the rolls. She had a bunch of rolls at her station, and she showed me a 1971 1973 1973 etc. I asked if any of the rolls were from the 1960's. She looked and said yes. She pulled out one, then another,then another, and another, etc. When she finally finished pulling out the rolls, there were 41 ROLLS of 40%ers, and 2 rolls of 90%ers. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY GOOD LUCK. My son took some pictures if the coins all unrolled, and then sent them to my email. When I figure out how to get them from my email to this site, I will have pictures for you guys.

HAPPY HUNTING

Upvote 0

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still want to see pictures!!!!!!!!!

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same! Would love to see all that silver in one big pile!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I hope when you asked for 1960s that you did not leave a roll of 1970 halves there. You asked for that year too, right? Not many out there, but hey, you'd hate to have missed a roll of them. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread