Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: OMG.....A SCORE OF A LIFETIME

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2017
    91 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

OMG.....A SCORE OF A LIFETIME

Went to pick up some rolls today that a teller had told me about. The lady said that she had $540 in halves. I asked if they were from one person, and she said that all but $40 werte from that person. She said that the $500 had been gone through, so I took the $40. Skunk. As I was driving home, I stopped at banks along the way. For some reason, I stopped at a bank I hadn't stopped at in about 2 years, because whenever I had been there before, they ne3ver had any halves, and I stopped about one a month for two years. Today I stop in and ask the teller if she had any halves. All three tellers chuckled , and i said "ok?" She then told me a person had dropped off $900 worth that morning. I figured that it was a CRHer, and that they had been gone through. She said she didn't know, but the lady that dropped them off had put the dates of the coins on the rolls. She had a bunch of rolls at her station, and she showed me a 1971 1973 1973 etc. I asked if any of the rolls were from the 1960's. She looked and said yes. She pulled out one, then another,then another, and another, etc. When she finally finished pulling out the rolls, there were 41 ROLLS of 40%ers, and 2 rolls of 90%ers. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY GOOD LUCK. My son took some pictures if the coins all unrolled, and then sent them to my email. When I figure out how to get them from my email to this site, I will have pictures for you guys.

HAPPY HUNTING

us
    Aug 2017
    Nashville TN
    Minelab X Terra 705 Teknetics T2 SE
    137 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice!

Feb 2007
    Southern Arizona
    Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
    115 times
    Don't ya just love it whe you get surprised like that? Even without pictures you gave me a big grin, happy for you.

May 2017
    Garrett AT Pro
    85 times
    Metal Detecting
    You had an awesome day CVB, congratulations!

us
    Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    655 times
    Metal Detecting
    sweet

us
    Jun 2014
    The 2nd State
    731 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Just goes to show, BUY THEM ALL! You never know what may be mixed in. Congrats on an amazing score! All I ever get is $900 of smelly DUMP.
    Zomotion likes this.
    2017 CRH

$137,189 halves
    --272 boxes---$980 CWR---$0 MWR---$209 loose
    ---90% - 143-----90% - 1------90% - 0----90% - 1-----> 145
    ---40% - 381-----40% - 16-----40% - 0----40% - 35----> 432
    Ken-543---Ben-24---WL-8---Barb/Seat-2---Total ---> 577 Silvers/117.50 oz.

Notables: 1856 Seated, 1908-O Barber; 2000-S, 2004-S, 1976-S silver proof

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." -Camus

us
    Feb 2011
    America
    1616 times
    Awesome score!! However, I do not recommend asking tellers for certain year coins-- they might wonder why you wanted halves from the 60s and older and do some research and save the silver for themselves next time. Always buy them all. This is why it is called coin roll hunting.
    scruggs, Owassokie, EARL51 and 2 others like this.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

Aug 2017
    91 times
    I used to buy them all, but since 2016, there are no banks that have coin machines, so I have to reroll everything. I can't even do dimes anymore because it is too time consuming to reroll dimes.

us
    Prospector

Jun 2008
    Northern Alabama
    Whites
    2080 times
    Beautiful score!

us
    Oct 2013
    Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
    768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corvettebill View Post
    I used to buy them all, but since 2016, there are no banks that have coin machines, so I have to reroll everything. I can't even do dimes anymore because it is too time consuming to reroll dimes.
    Dude... Hop in your corvette and go back and buy the other $500.

Did you ask if the lady brought in anything else like dimes, quarters, nickels, cents? Big dollars?

Great find and score but don't let a little work like re rolling coin get in the way!
    Davers, Owassokie and scruggs like this.
    CRH 2017 silver total 76.227 oz

us
    Nov 2006
    MA
    Minelab XTerra 70
    28 times
    By a coin counter like I use for doing Arcade collections. Makes short work of a lot of coins. They sell for cheap on ebay. You might want the electric one. Klopp is the best but most expensive. I had three and most were $100 and came with all the tubes for all the different coins.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    8107 times

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

TreasureNet is a family friendly forum with the only exception being our Charter Member > Politics Forum. Please post by our rules, watch the language and the insults. Calling members a troll, using ôlocker room" language in your signatures, using special characters to bypass our language sensor -violates our rules. Again, please post by our rules.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    111 times
    Congrats Bill. That is a lot of silver! I do agree with others. I'd drive up there right now and ask if the lady deposited other denominations. The best way to be kind to other potential hunters is buy them all and return the dump coins to a different bank. It helps preserve the game. As for rerolling, I WISH we were allowed to reroll in my area. They won't allow it. Tellers used to hate seeing me come with my dumps because it meant a lot of work for them! I think that was the biggest thing that got me shut down with at least one band and one credit union. I'd probably still hunt a little here and there if I could reroll.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + .
    3093 times
    That's 'Gettin Paid' .
    Where to re-sell tho?
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1480 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Owassokie View Post
    I'd probably still hunt a little here and there if I could reroll.
    my new dump bank will only accept rolled coins or plastic bank bags.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links