Score!!

Gizmo1211

Jun 20, 2017
Phoenix Az ( don't believe the "it's a dry heat" b
Detector(s) used
Still looking! Will update. Newbie to all.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, went to bank, I had a couple of transactions. Got a new teller, but when I was done, I noticed nobody waiting, so, I just asked for 60 in quarters.
I usually don't bother with those, never found anything. So he went to vault, all CR. I looked in car at ends, first three all state quarters..the forth, a 1953! Of course I slid the roll out...5 shining at me!! Of course I went right back in. I got my usual teller, who is so nice, asked her for 40. More, and cr. However in car I noticed different wrapping..
Money is short, and I'm a bit shy, or I would have asked about the first rolls, dimes whatever. But I couldn't bring myself to go back in...but she does know I'm always looking for .50, and even said, sorry still no halves. Anyway, the other rolls are still waiting for me. Silver still out there 😀 so excited I had to share.

Upvote 0

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Its exciting, huh. I can see why people get into this. :)

On a whim I asked for some halves today after an atm stop over. Got $26 worth: 2x $10 rolls and 12 loose coins, which was all they had. Ended up with 4x 40%'rs, all late 60's variety. But that's still a first time find for me. My actual first attempt at this was two weeks ago and that bank had $16.50 in loose halves. As he pulled them out of the drawer to count them I could tell they were all late mintage clads, but I didnt have the gumption to say nevermind. So I took them and went to the coffee shop with a friend where I bought snacks and drinks.... paid for in half-dollars. Figured it was an easy way to get them out of my pocket.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Made a quick early week stop at one of my banks, picked up one box of dimes plus ten rolls. I noticed she had 4-MWR half rolls on the counter. Bought them, turned out I got 1-90%, and 3-40% (2 in one roll). Makes me want to convert to halfilism, instead of dimeology.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Its exciting, huh. I can see why people get into this. :)

On a whim I asked for some halves today after an atm stop over. Got $26 worth: 2x $10 rolls and 12 loose coins, which was all they had. Ended up with 4x 40%'rs, all late 60's variety. But that's still a first time find for me. My actual first attempt at this was two weeks ago and that bank had $16.50 in loose halves. As he pulled them out of the drawer to count them I could tell they were all late mintage clads, but I didnt have the gumption to say nevermind. So I took them and went to the coffee shop with a friend where I bought snacks and drinks.... paid for in half-dollars. Figured it was an easy way to get them out of my pocket.

Always take them all!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Made a quick early week stop at one of my banks, picked up one box of dimes plus ten rolls. I noticed she had 4-MWR half rolls on the counter. Bought them, turned out I got 1-90%, and 3-40% (2 in one roll). Makes me want to convert to halfilism, instead of dimeology.

Went back to the same bank today and asked head teller if she had anymore halves (from the same box as the above 4-rolls). She asked how many do you want, I ask how many is left, $350. I'll take them all.
Hope the ratio is the same as the few 4 rolls, I will let you all know ASAP.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back to the same bank today and asked head teller if she had anymore halves (from the same box as the above 4-rolls). She asked how many do you want, I ask how many is left, $350. I'll take them all.
Hope the ratio is the same as the few 4 rolls, I will let you all know ASAP.

Searched the $350 of rolls, found 4-40%. Not too shabby of results on these $390 rolls of halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread