Brown loomis wrappers

Jun 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It amazes me that these guys dont pull silver, surely the investment in a silver-pulling machine would pay off

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
I was just wondering if anyone else that gets halves from Loomis are getting brown wrapped rolls instead of the yellow wrappers? It's been skunksville ever since they changed. Hopefully they aren't pulling silver all of a sudden. Thoughts??

Haven't seen these wrappers yet.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember Danny, there are different rolling facilities all across the country. What happens at one doesn't necessarily happen at others.

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just hoping to find one silver to put a whole in my theory.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many boxes have you been through ? I was thinking the same thing about Loomis "green/gold " wrapped haves - then about three weeks ago I pulled 50 ninety percenters out of a single box of those wrappers . I think it's really random !

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunk boxes are the norm. You can go through many between silver.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just wondering if anyone else that gets halves from Loomis are getting brown wrapped rolls instead of the yellow wrappers? It's been skunksville ever since they changed. Hopefully they aren't pulling silver all of a sudden. Thoughts??
Here in my part of Texas, all of my Loomis half rolls have been in a dull gold colored wrapper as shown. That is until I recently got 10 yellow wrapped rolls from a bank I had never bought from before. To answer your question, I have found a lot of silvers in the gold wrapped, and 3 in the 10 yellow wrapped rolls . I will say that my gold wrapped rolls from 2 different banks have been skunks for about the last month. So have the black wrapped Brinks rolls. I've wondered the same thing as you about my gold wrapped rolls!

Attachments

• Loomis Half Gold Wrapper.jpg
    Loomis Half Gold Wrapper.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 90

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah TxAg, that's what i refer to as "green/gold" wrapped.
Cool, I'm glad you found some recently, Argentium. Gives me hope going forward for the Loomis rolls.:icon_thumleft:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never give up hope ! Also change your sourcing when possible ,I mean buying from different banks periodically , also try buying on roadtrips - both customer wrapped rolls , and boxes -just to mix it up.

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Argentium . I've only had a 6 box skunk streak so far. But before that I was getting at least 2-3 silvers every 3 boxes . I've been doing this for a few years now and I know we all go thru skunk streaks but it was just weird that all of a sudden the wrappers changed color and I wasn't finding anything. I have about 6 different banks that I use but most of them order thru Loomis. I'll try ordering some from another bank and see what happens. So far I don't like the brown/ grey wrappers. Thanks for the input everyone.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in my part of Texas, all of my Loomis half rolls have been in a dull gold colored wrapper as shown. That is until I recently got 10 yellow wrapped rolls from a bank I had never bought from before. To answer your question, I have found a lot of silvers in the gold wrapped, and 3 in the 10 yellow wrapped rolls . I will say that my gold wrapped rolls from 2 different banks have been skunks for about the last month. So have the black wrapped Brinks rolls. I've wondered the same thing as you about my gold wrapped rolls!

These are the only Loomis wrappers I've ever seen, and I've never once pulled silver out of a Loomis box.

I picked up a box of halves over the weekend from a bank that is serviced by Garda, the box was a Loomis box containing Loomis rolls but with "GARDA" written on it in black marker. It was a skunk.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is yes, there's a reason you aren't getting silver. There's also a reason the wrappers changed. Those 'reasons' are probably related but not for certain. You'll probably get a silver if you stay with it long enough but that doesn't disprove that silver is being removed at some point before being put in the wrappers. It just proves that one made it thru. Truth is, there are a dozen reasons why silver may be getting removed from your supply and there's no way to know why it's happening. There's a good chance your bank or courier has simply changed their source or possible that your source has changed machines. But like Enamel mentioned, you can't conclude that 'yellow wrapped halves' don't produce silver. You're only conclusion is that yellow wrapped halves, in your region, at this moment in time, don't include silver.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Anyone who thinks the color of coin wraps has anything to do with how much silver may be in a box of halves has way to much time on their hands.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owassokie , I agree with your assesment ,we do know that some coincounters( machines ) can separate silvers from cupronickel halfs .We don't know unless we work in a "regional " rerolling center ,which of these facilities uses these as a silver culling method .Also we have no idea when/ where the unknowing and uncaring are going to pour whatever amount of silver and other collectibles into a coin counter .If you want to score ,you stay in the game ! It's very random as to how much ,or how often you're gonna pull the goodies ,and whether it will be from CWR or boxes of MWR - It's random, and "they're still out there somewhere " .

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Galenrog I was just trying to say after seeing thousands and thousands of yellow wrapped halves the new brown ones were just odd to see. And the lack of any silver just a coincidence? Who knows. Back to searching.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to resurrect an old thread but we don't have that many threads anyway...

I think silver in bank boxes, just like silver in CWR is truly random, it is totally dependent on someone dumping silver into a coin counter which then goes to the courier who runs it through the roller adn puts it in boxes. Think about it, someone dumps 40 silver halves, two rolls, into a counter. It mixes in with a minimum of 1000 other halves in that bag, it gets picked up and dumped with all the bags from other banks picked up at the same time (probably not that many as we are talking halves). When it is dumped it is further spread out through x number of halves and then x number of rolls and across x boxes.
That is why I think we find silver in fits and spurts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread