Starting out with a bang!

PullTabPrincess

Jul 22, 2007
Gainesville Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab Excaliber II, Troy Shadow X5
I've only been CRH'ing for about a week. I've gone to many of the local banks and a couple of them had a few rolls of halves, but mostly I'm finding $5 worth here and $15 there in the teller trays. I have been able to get a few to check their vaults, and others just tell me they know there aren't any halves in the vault. I went to 7 banks this morning and was only able to get $18 in halves from one of them, $15 from one, and only a couple of dollars total from the rest. One bank that didn't have any told me that a guy was in a few days ago and cleaned out their vault of halves. Apparently I have competition here!

Anyway, I was in the bank that had $15 worth and a teller had them in her tray. As she was counting them out, my heart started racing!! There is no mistaking the sound of silver halves!! Out of those, there were (2) 90%--1964 and (8 ) 40%--a 66, (2) 67's, (5) 68's. The teller said that someone had just brought them in a couple of days ago.

I'm already strung out on this new hobby! Earlier in the week, I found (6) 1968's and a pretty scuffed up solid silver 1995 S. I've gotta start ordering boxes! ;D

Upvote 0

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And with the 1995-S Silver Kennedy found, the only Kennedy's remaining on the tracking list are both of the 2007 proofs.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome aboard PTP. Glad you chimed in.

Second, nice job on the silver. It sounds like you hit the banks hard and that is what it takes. Congrats on the haul especially the silver 95-S. That is a special one.

Hope your stash grows in leaps and bounds girl!! Keep us posted with pictures if possible.....I love the pictures....ha!

Again, kudos and keep em coming.........

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PullTabPrincess said:
One bank that didn't have any told me that a guy was in a few days ago and cleaned out their vault of halves. Apparently I have competition here!

I was up in Hartwell-Royston area last week and got about $300 worth. I might be the guy. Sorry ;D. I saved you some searching and it sounds like you made out much better than I. I only got 4 -40%. :) Didn't get my boxes from the bank like I was suppose to so I had to go hunting.

There is someone in Anderson, SC though. Some banks I called said he/she picked up/dropped of halves regularly. Another bank I called there asked who I was after saying they had halves. Got rude when they decided I wasn't the right person. Guess they are protective.

Best of luck

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Coinlover said:
nice find on the 1995S! thats worth about $40-$50!

.............in proof condition. Obviously, less in less than proof. Still, very good find.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to be uber-technical, but "proof" isn't a condition, it's a manufacturing style. That 1995-S could be completely worn flat except for the date and it is still considered proof, though impaired. You're right Thurm, because it has circulated it isn't worth full book value but nothing can relinquish its proof status.

OP
OP
PullTabPrincess

PullTabPrincess

Jul 22, 2007
Gainesville Georgia
Detector(s) used
Sheldius said:
PullTabPrincess said:
One bank that didn't have any told me that a guy was in a few days ago and cleaned out their vault of halves. Apparently I have competition here!

I was up in Hartwell-Royston area last week and got about $300 worth. I might be the guy. Sorry ;D. I saved you some searching and it sounds like you made out much better than I. I only got 4 -40%. :) Didn't get my boxes from the bank like I was suppose to so I had to go hunting.

Sheldius, I'm in Gainesville, just far enough away from Athens that we probably won't hit each other's banks ;D

OP
OP
PullTabPrincess

PullTabPrincess

Jul 22, 2007
Gainesville Georgia
Detector(s) used
lejeuene said:
First, welcome aboard PTP. Glad you chimed in.

Second, nice job on the silver. It sounds like you hit the banks hard and that is what it takes. Congrats on the haul especially the silver 95-S. That is a special one.

Hope your stash grows in leaps and bounds girl!! Keep us posted with pictures if possible.....I love the pictures....ha!

Again, kudos and keep em coming.........
LJ, I think you should be renamed Queen of Silver! That's some impressive numbers you've got there! ;D

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I think LJ can just smell silver, but she will tell ya she's going through alot of coins to get there. Personally I think she gets one box a week and as soon as she touches it they all turn to silver- then she separates them out for the pics. Telling us less fortunate hunters that it took 4 or 5 boxes for them- just so we don't lose the faith and quit this group, then she would have noone to brag too haha. Just kidding LJ, I know you do work hard at it and you've earned them #'s. HH Mark

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Hey pulltab, welcome and congratulations on your early success! Thought I'd let ya know that I hunt out of Buford, and make it through G'ville a couple of times a year. I know there is somebody that hits it pretty hard up there, as it seems like I get told a lot of what they told you (someone just picked up all of our halves). But, do not let that deter you. You may check a bank just moments or days after somebody else has deposited a whole bunch of old halves. You just never know, which is kinda what makes it fun! Again, welcome and good luck, and I'll try to stay out of Gainesville from now on...maybe..Ha,Ha.
Gpurs

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
I'll try to stay out of Gainesville from now on...maybe..Ha,Ha.
Gpurs

Yeah, and try to stay away from Athens too, now that I know what you look like ;) . LOL. Just kidding, of course, but I think there are 2-3 other non-Tnet CRH in West Athens so I'm surprised when I find anything in the banks around here.

HH.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Funny stuff Sheldon! I will vow to stay out of all Athens and Gainesville banks until October! I won't have to much time to bank hunt until at least then!!! As a gesture of good will, I would be happy to tell pulltab about a few banks to be sure to check, and for you Sheldius, if you do not manage to pull a walker or at least a Franklin in the near future, I will send you a Franklin in the mail!!! I come in peace!!LOL... Gpurs..

OP
OP
PullTabPrincess

PullTabPrincess

Jul 22, 2007
Gainesville Georgia
Detector(s) used
GPURS said:
As a gesture of good will, I would be happy to tell pulltab about a few banks to be sure to check... Gpurs..
Gpurs, do tell! I'm waiting with baited breath!! ;D

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Hey pulltab, good sense of humor there. You don't have to stay out of Buford! You might not find much, but you don't have to stay out!HaHa.. I'll have to send you an email regarding the banks that I did have good luck with back in the winter. Don't want to announce it to the whole world, you know! Check your email in a little bit! Gpurs...

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I'll swear to stay away from Buford and Gainsville banks. I think we have an alliance started. Or at least MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). ;D We should make our combined goal to get more silver than LJ. ;)

Hope I'm lucky tomorrow in my boxes.

HH.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Sheldius said:
LOL. I'll swear to stay away from Buford and Gainsville banks. I think we have an alliance started. Or at least MAD (Mutually Assured Distruction). ;D We should make our combined goal to get more silver than LJ. ;)

Hope I'm lucky tomorrow in my boxes.

HH.
Hell Sheldon, it would take all Ga. CRHers and maybe an Oldred to approach those LJ numbers! Good luck on the boxes! Gpurs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread