Finally a silver dollar!

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I went to the bank and ask the teller that know I always ask for big dollar coins. I asked her again and thought she will give me a Ike but she gave me a silver eagle. I was shocked that someone would turn this in for a dollar. Still can't believe it. 20171006_111133.jpg

Upvote 0

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score one for the hunter,, I cannot believe the teller did not buy that right away....

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a big Homer Simpson DOHH!! to the dummy who took a buck for it :laughing9:

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I just had a teller say she gave away some big dollar coins. I said "were they old ones", she said no like 1994. "Did they have a picture of liberty standing on the front?" Response - "yes". Just missed em. Nice score!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably some kid took from dads hoard and spent it at the candy or liquor store.

Some of my best hunting was at Korean banks. Koreans in SoCA like to own liquor stores and laundromats in the ghettos, while they live in very expensive homes miles away. Koreans tend to only do business with other Korean companies.

(I used to work for a Korean owned company. I asked the owner for a raise. He said NO. I said not even a quarter? Still NO. The next week he drove up in a new Range Rover. Two weeks later I quit after ten years. I went to a place that was over $2 higher but on salary)

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hightek: same thing happened about 2-3 years ago. Teller didn't know what it was, asked how much you want for it, he looks at the coin and says One Dollar. Took it off his hands for only $1., I went out smiling.

OP
OP
H

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hightek: same thing happened about 2-3 years ago. Teller didn't know what it was, asked how much you want for it, he looks at the coin and says One Dollar. Took it off his hands for only $1., I went out smiling.
Ya I wish it happens everytime i ask.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love when that happens! I've missed many but got one.

Attachments

• IMGase.jpg
    IMGase.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread