Dipping My Toes Back In: 3 Dime and 1 Quarter Boxes

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Figured I’d try a few boxes of consistent producers to feel out if silver is still flowing before starting back up with fickle old halves, not too impressed with the results.

Dime box 1: SKUNK
Dime box 2: SKUNK
Dime box 3: SKUNK
Quarter box: Finally a bright white rim! Never thought I would find one again :tongue3: 1944 (P) Washington.

That’s it for now guys, keep it up!

Attachments

• A0872649-952F-4D54-8047-F54E42C5166F.jpeg
    A0872649-952F-4D54-8047-F54E42C5166F.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Funny how things work out.... I would say your odds were higher finding a silver Rosie in each dime box than finding a silver Washington in the quarter box

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Nice score! Funny how things work out.... I would say your odds were higher finding a silver Rosie in each dime box than finding a silver Washington in the quarter box

Isn't it strange how things work with this hobby? Dimes usually are good to me, but not this time! I suspect there are some pretty hard core dime hunters in my area, however quarters have always been pretty good to me. They seem to be the only silver I get in change from the store as well, not sure why. Maybe I need to hit them hard, may be untapped potential...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the quarter, too bad about the dimes...they were always good to me, but alas, I gave up the banks a couple years back, as I became disgusted that their fees just continued up and up no matter how I complied. I usually haul in more silver dirtfishing anyways, but when I hit the quarters I averaged one per $500.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I got back in this weekend after 2 years away after getting discouraged. I have only found 1 Washington silver in my life and had only 12 dimes and 4 90% Kennedy's for about 4+ years of hunting.

Went by 4 of the banks I had opened $10 accounts so I could say I am a client. 2 of the 4 had closed my account and when asked had no halves. Finally at #3 they still had my account and had 5 rolls, one was a $20 roll of halves. They all had dates written on them. The one that said 64-69 interested me. Bought them all. Then at my home TD bank, served by Gaurdia they had 40 rolls of dimes, 7 CWR and 33 BWR.
I did the halves first and the 64-69 had 3 90% Kennedy's and 17 40%, another labeled 69-72 had 5 40%

Then did the dimes and it was a silver bonanza, 30 dimes, a few skunk rolls but most had 1 some 2 and 1 3! I am hooked again!!!

Went back to the bank today they only had 11 CWR and no silver in them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread