Funny CRH story

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was waiting to pick my wife up from the Dr. on Thursday evening and figured I'd run to the only bank in the area that was still open at 5:45.

In February this bank closed their walk in side and are strictly a drive through now. I was pulling out after seeing the sign on the door but decided to give it a shot any way and pulled in the drive through.

I asked the teller if she had any halves and she said she had $10 in loose ones. I took them all naturally. As she was sending them out in the tube, she accidentally left her microphone on. I heard the other teller ask her "why would anyone want half dollars". My teller responded to her "some people still think they can get silver coins from them". She quickly realized her mic was on and shut it off as I was unloading my coins. After a quick thank you, I drove off.

Guess what, I found a 40%, an S mark Bi-centennial proof and a 2014 S mark proof out of that $10. Goes to show that even when the tellers think they are onto us, you never know what you might find.

Happy hunting

Upvote 0

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, and they were none the wiser!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Possibly because we never used to keep the 40%'ers, they were considered "dirty". They've only claimed a bit of value in the last decade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions