Pinch me, I'm DREAMING AGAIN, of Dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those of you who follow my posts may recall my DREAM DIME box (of 98 silvers) back in January 2017. Well I was able to stop at one of my banks Friday eve and got two dime boxes. Box one gave up only 1-Rosie. Opened up box two, grabbed a roll from the middle of the box, WOW three silver rims showing. Next roll two silvers. I'm now starting to think, could this be another DREAM BOX? Continued into the box, most of the rolls had 1,2,4,6 etc of silver rims showing (as you see in the attached palm shot holding 6 or 7 white rims. By the time I was half way through the box, the count was already 38 silvers. I'm also starting to notice a growing trend in that most of the silver Rosie's were of the 1946-1948, and NO heavy concentration of the 1964's that we so often see. Several of the early years are in Extremely Fine condition. In searching rims I come across a very dirty worn down rim, which turns out to be a 192?-?(can't see if a mint mark, coin badly worn down). Continued searching the rest of the box, with a FINAL TOTAL OF 71 Silvers (70-Rosie's, 1-merc). This HAD to be someone's collection that was dumped for face value, or a collection that had a lot of memories of the late 40's. I know that our hidden silent RULES OF DREAM BOXES MUST BE 100, but in my eyes it was a dream that became real back in January, now reliving it again but on a little smaller in scale. This 71 count will definitely distort my numbers for November, but who cares so long as it adds to the stack. Enjoy the pics this time, and believe me, it HAPPENED "AGAIN", and it (AG Silver) is still out there. HH, DozerD, now back to dreaming!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509824198.331373.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509824219.276550.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509824236.756863.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509824261.602248.jpg
I have yet to find a SOLID ROLL of dimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent haul, Dozer D! That's beyond my wildest dreams....

DimebagDon

Nov 18, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! My best two ever were a 14 to a box Rosie hunt, and an 11 silvers in a box, where 9 were Mercs and 2 were Rosies. Keeping hope alive for even better boxes to come along. Thanks for the inspiring post.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score.. I must be living on the wrong side of the ciuntry.. I can search plenty of dime boxes but not much in there.. My best is a box with 5 Rosies from a month ago and the only Merc I found so far was from kast year.. Combined I am 2 shy away from a full silver dime roll..

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider 1 silver in 171 rolls a good haul :BangHead:

stinkin' clad in most of my dime boxes

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very dreamy indeed ! My best dime box was about five years ago I grabbed a box in Las Cruces,NM. I pulled 40 silvers - all Rosies .

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Dozer! That's an awesome box for sure.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats in the awesome haul there Dozer. Gives us hope for our own dream box if we just keep up the searching

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I consider 1 silver in 171 rolls a good haul :BangHead:

stinkin' clad in most of my dime boxes

Same down here on LI, 1 silver dime in a box is not even average. Finding 2 or more is like hitting the lotto.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!
My best dime box was just 3.
Congrats on a dreamy box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions