Unusual unexpected find.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at a local gas station that I frequent. There was a much older woman (by about 4-years) than me, standing in front of me. She must of been very attractive in her younger years. However, I could tell she's been around the block awhile by her current appearance and stature, and enjoyed being around men all her life. Very tall & dignified, but yet didn't talk much. She put some coins on the counter to pay the cashier, at which I noticed from a distance what appeared to be a very old penny. I asked if I could see the cent and she said yes. She said that it has been in her possession for as long as she could remember. It was a very good looking 1910-P cent. I then asked again if she would like to part with it now that it's 107-years old. She said YES, only if I could promise to give it a good home. I mentioned the fact that I've been building a Lincoln Cent collection for each of my 13-grandchildren, and that it would look just grand on page-1 of one of the folders given to one of the kids. She asked if I collect coins, and told her that I've been doing it since the early 60's, and only wished that I had started sooner, much sooner, like maybe the 50's or even the late 40's. She then said, by all means take the cent and give it a good home, then proceeded to ask if she could come over some day to see the coin in the collection along with the rest of my entire collection. I asked her if right now would be a good time, her reply was, "Really, right now, I'm so excited to see what you have accumulated". I then offered her money for the 1910 cent, she only said, fifty-one cents for the offer to see the rest of the collection. With that I took the cent, and she followed me home for the rest of the evening. I never picked up a woman like that before over an old coin conversation. The rest is private and history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good story!

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh guys, forgot to mention one very important fact. The lady in question was born in 1942, in the middle of WWII war with Germany, a period in time when the United States was now fighting on two war fronts (war with Germany & Japan). Freedom & Liberty were now the words being expressed across the land. Our troops were fighting not only for other nations in Europe, but now fighting in the pacific to stop the threat of the Japanese takeover with possible blood to be spilled on western United States soil. Yes I did take the lady home that night and invited her to see the rest of my collection. The 1910 cent was put with other wheat cents that are going into folders for the grandkids. With this being Veterans Day (all weekend long), I asked her if I can take her picture, her reply was YES.
Now I would like to show all of you the profile of the LADY OF THE MOMENT.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all who have served, past, present, and especially those who gave it their ALL, so that others may enjoy Liberty & Freedom. I too am a veteran of the Vietnam era, served in Korea, 1968-1971 active duty.

The WALKING LIBERTY coin that I picked up was given to me by one of the gas station cashiers that saves odd coins for me, along with the 1910 cent. That's where the $.51 comes into play. 1942 the date on the coin (date she was minted). I will put her in and among the other big silver men of her time.
Once again : HAPPY VETERANS DAY

Separate pics to follow here. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510516377.187438.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510516395.868807.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510516409.874807.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread