Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was active a couple years ago both on the forum and CRHing, although maybe it was 3 or 4 years ago, time flies.

This past weekend I decided to see if my bank accounts at 3 different banks, where I had opened them with $10 each, were still active. 2 were not. At the one that was still active I asked about CWR of halves. they had 5. The third bank were I will reopen an account said they would be happy to order rolls of halves for me!

Anyhow, also got 40 rolls of dimes and some other denominations.

The dimes were 7 CWR and 33 BWR, skunk on the CWR's but the 33 BWR (Gaurdia) gave me 30 dimes! basically a few skunks but then consistent 1 per roll with some doubles and one triple.

The halves were interesting since someone had written what I assumed was the dates of the coins on them. AND it was! The 64-69 was solid silver, 17 40% and 3 90% Kennedy's and the 69-72 gave 5 40%

what a way to start my log, even thought it is late in the year I almost tripled my lifetime count of dimes!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
got 5 rolls BWR nickels and 10 CWR quarters

Teller claimed quarters were dropped by a 84 year old woman, yeah right! I have a bridge to sell him

UPDATE: SKUNK on all

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to one of my banks today no halves but they had CWR quarters, 80 rolls of them. Looks like a dump bank.

So far I am halfway through them and the only interesing find is a color Connecticut quarter. May be from the local arcade.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Skunk on the 80 rolls.

Went to another bank today and they had $74 of loose halves, got them all and snared 6 40% and 1 90% 1964

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing so far, returned some to the machine and got 33 CWR and 3 BWR of dimes, so we will see.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The owner of a local coin store has retired and he is slowly emptying his shop and selling stuff off, open one day a week while he does that. He is also dumping lots of uncirculated coins at the local bank in CWR the other day I got about 30 MS63 Kennedy's from 1997 to 2017 (after 2001 from uncirc sets) and today in the large bunch of times were 3 rolls of mixed MS63-65's from 1971 to date.
I am pulling these out and getting a Whitman coin board to put them in

oh and no silver in all those rolls

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
BAGS OF DIMES

1st bag - 1 Roosevelt

2nd bag - 11 Roosevelts and 1 unc Mercury 1917 and 1 1915 Canadian George V, XF+ worth $20+

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
went through 2 more bank boxes of halves, 3 90% Kennedy's and 8 40%ers

Now I have to dump them.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Well skunk of the 1st box of dimes and the second looks like they are all Unc rolls of 2017P dimes.

Not sure whether to open them to put them in a counter or to just "deposit" them at one of my banks and then get the money out later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread