median split die, tumors on Eagle, "Shawnee" extra rock, more "Ellis Island" errors

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
median split die, tumors on Eagle, "Shawnee" extra rock, more "Ellis Island" errors

the $940 CWR quarters still spittin' out errors with 10 rolls to hunt 8-)

1995-P median split die error from rim to eyebrow, then under chin to rim-- got a '74 Jeff few years back with MSD error--- sold for $50

IMG_6903.JPG
IMG_6904.JPG

1994-P with large lump on right wing & again on top left leaf over left wing

IMG_6905.JPG
IMG_6906.JPG
gonna be hard to fly wit doze wings :laughing9:

"Shawnee" with early stage of the "extra rock" internal die break :happysmiley:

IMG_6907.JPG IMG_6908.JPG

got the pair of "Ellis" in change at Wallyland--

early stage die crack from eyebrow to bill of cap & IDB above eyebrow on band of cap

IMG_6909.JPG
IMG_6910.JPG
IMG_6911.JPG

my $2 purchase was free plus I made some money -----thanks for shopping :tongue3:

the Philly Mint------ where QUALITY is just an afterthought--- just show up, get paid, the rest is _______________ "not my job" _____________ :dontknow::laughing7::happysmiley::laughing9:

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
man your gonna find all of the Ellis island quarters error before i can

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in NY they are flowing like the Harpers Ferry from last year--- fresh from Philly-- hopin' for the late stages of die defects when the CUDS are born :dontknow:

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEA - what are you using to look at all those coins for die cracks/chips/etc? I did most of a bag of nickels and my eyes were hurting the next day. I ordered a 10x loupe on Amazon and the thing is seriously this wide --------.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEA - what are you using to look at all those coins for die cracks/chips/etc? I did most of a bag of nickels and my eyes were hurting the next day. I ordered a 10x loupe on Amazon and the thing is seriously this wide --------.

old black plastic cup style 10X on my glasses. hold a short stack between thumb, fore finger & middle finger--

hold the stack in focus for quick scan of coin then flip it & move to other hand into the dump bag-- then scan next coin in stack & repeat.

always check both sides for rotation & rim scan of stack for clips & collar breaks (---LORDY_______silver :dontknow::laughing9:).

any coin with a suspected error gets the lighted 20X loupe. fast production line process---- cut ends off rolls for neat rows to grab the short stacks. gets easy to weed out the PMD & just harvest the good 'uns :laughing7:

we ain't peelin' no stinkin' wrappers off :BangHead:

and finally---- wash the hands :laughing9::happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread