Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my LCS uses NGC--- should I spend the cash to get this graded, guess is AU55-58.
:dontknow::help::help:

IMG_6803.JPG IMG_6804.JPG IMG_6805.JPG IMG_6806.JPG

Upvote 0

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not much of a grader, but I do know this... I'm jealous. Good work!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad I gave up crack, meth, heroin, moonshine, floozies, my search on Oak Island, gambling, and donating to the Foundation named after a pair of %@*^ from Arkansas :BangHead::tongue3::sad11::icon_biggrin::help::snorting::laughing9::laughing9:_________________

now I focus on finding the 1992-P Close AM--- then I bein' "high on life" :tongue3:

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't figure out how to view eBay sold auctions on my iPad this morning, but I'd say that's your best bet since you're probably selling it. If graded samples are selling for considerably more than ungraded, I think the choice is obvious.
Nice find, by the way.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one Ace! Since silver halves are on the ebb for me, I'm going to go back to cents and quarters for errors & varieties for a bit. Thanks for the motivation!

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.E.A.- can you please explain what is soo special about that penny? If it is a dumb question, please excuse my ignorance and answer the question anyway. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the '99 is rarest of the Wide AM's from '98, '99 & '00. a proof reverse die was used in error, so a gap is present between bottom legs of A & M. the initials FG are also displaced from the normal position..MS65 for '98 is book at $25, '99 books at $500.00 & '00 book is $20. found 3 '98's and 5 '00's--- this is my 1ST '99.

the 1992-P Close AM is the prize at ---- GOOGLE that one :dontknow::treasurechest::laughing9:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't figure out how to view eBay sold auctions on my iPad this morning, but I'd say that's your best bet since you're probably selling it. If graded samples are selling for considerably more than ungraded, I think the choice is obvious.
Nice find, by the way.

^^This^^

If you're going to sell it, then getting it graded by a reputable company probably more than pays for itself. If you're keeping it, then why bother with the expense?

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your doing great in finding all those varieties! Hope you find the 1992-P Close soon! Good luck in your search!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Well, Ace, I have to congratulate you on the find. I’m sure you have already checked values on sold eBay items, graded and ungraded, for comparison. It’s a crapshoot, really. While the blemishes visible may not affect the grade, many potential buyers could downgrade the value. If I had a few that were blemish free, I would probably pull the trigger. In the end, it is your call.

Too late for more coffee.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked, one au slabbed sold for $140. MS 65 and 66 bring the bucks, most of the others ungraded have just been sitting there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread