Styfflin's Oddity Log - Varieties, Errors or Damage?

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is going to be dedicated to my interesting coin roll hunting finds that I think are errors/varieties/etc. I don't want this in the CRH Log subforum, hidden in plain sight, so that's why I'm posting it in the higher-traffic coin roll hunting forum.
I am NOT an expert on numismatics, but I can certainly take pictures and ask questions with the best of them. Coin experts, please check this thread regularly and weigh in on my perceived finds. Novices (like me), soak up the knowledge. I'd like this thread to be a place to learn how to find the treasure that you'd normally toss out with your other dump coins.
I've been saving up oddities for a couple years now, only picking out coins that really stood out to me. Now that I finally purchased a 10x loupe, I can take a closer look at all my coins and really start finding some neat stuff.
I'll be posting one coin at a time, and I'll allow enough time and discussion between coins to adequately identify the error/variety/etc. and whether the coin is worth keeping or not. I've got a bunch of coins lined up, and I'm ready to talk about them. I just have to take the pictures - so stay tuned!

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much for my eyesight, do you guys look at every coin under a loope? Nice errors, odds & ends I guess.

attach an eye cup loupe to yer specs, buy a visor--- pretend youze doin' "piecework" for wages Americans won't work for---- or stick wit da SILVER hunting :dontknow:---- & hold yer nose when skunks stroll in & sit wid ya on da couch:laughing9:

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the naked eye for me for my first look. Dates with known doubled dies gets a second look with the loupe. Anything else that looks odd gets a second look with the loupe.
Working on a new set up so I can view coins on a big TV through an HDMI cable hooked up to my ultra-zoom camera. It'll be a wonderful thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread