Last two boxes

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the first box I got a 1968 d and mint 1965 along with a beat up 1966 (gold toned and really beat up. I also got fooled by the rim, it was a 50 centavos from Ecuador (stainless steel). I also got short one roll and over on another, breaking even. The other was a skunk.
I wrap my coins and bring them to other banks than shere I get my stash. But was wondering do the banks turn in coin wrapped rolls to be machined wrapped to be put ib boxes again? My wife thinks I'll be getting the same coins back. But I told her I didn't think so.

Can't wait to get rid of these boxes so I can get some more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When a bank that accepts rolled coin receives a certain amount of halves (all of my old dump banks this amount was $1000) they bag them and ship them off to the coin processor to be rerolled and boxed back up. So theoretically you could receive some of your old coins back. However, you're most likely talking about dumping a few coins into a very big pile. Unless you're searching a very heavy volume, the odds are pretty slim for this to actually happen. Many CRHers dump at banks that use a different coin courier then where they buy their boxes to hopefully further lessen those odds. Unless you're doing many boxes weekly, that is likely unnecessary IMO. For a couple of years or so, I searched 2-4 boxes per week. I had no choice but to dump back into my own system as every bank within 50 miles of me uses Loomis. During my box searching time I found many uniquely marked, stickered, plated, holed, painted, etc coins that I likely would have recognized had they ever returned. I never saw a single one of them twice. With that said, there is no way to know how many, if any at all, coins made it back to me. My personal opinion is that if any did, the number was low.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread