Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious to know if there are any CRH'ers here from the Southwest region of the US (Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, etc.).

Here in Michigan, we get tons of Canadian coins in our rolls and I am curious to know if people from the Southwest region are consistently getting foreign coins from Mexico in their rolls. Or are there other foreign coins that consistently show up? Let me know!

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quin , I'm in Santa fe ,NM - I don't find many foreign coins in half dollar rolls , when i hunt dimes I get Canadian dimes now and then -mostly the non silvers though . In penny rolls I typically find a Canadian or two in almost every $25. Box - I only save the earlier QE II (1953-63) and any of George VI,and George V. Do you find much silver Canadian coinage up there ?

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Texas and I do not get Mexican coins in any denomination in rolls. I do get a fair amount of Mexican coins here and there (on top of Coinstar machine counters, etc.). I also get some Canadian nickels and cents in change from transactions. Yesterday I got a Panamanian clad coin in a half dollar roll. It has a bust of Balboa on the obverse and it was stamped as a "Medio Balboa" (half of a Balboa, equivalent to 50 centesimos).

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm in Texas i mostly get Canadian pennies and a few nickels

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quin , I'm in Santa fe ,NM - I don't find many foreign coins in half dollar rolls , when i hunt dimes I get Canadian dimes now and then -mostly the non silvers though . In penny rolls I typically find a Canadian or two in almost every $25. Box - I only save the earlier QE II (1953-63) and any of George VI,and George V. Do you find much silver Canadian coinage up there ?

I am not a heavy silver coin hunter. I have only done probably 10 half dollar boxes total and only 2 dime boxes. I am sure that if I kept up with those denominations, I would eventually get Canadian silver (more likely in the dimes). There are plenty of Canadians in the cents and nickels- the denominations I DO hunt. I love finding King George Canadians- I average slightly less than one a box for cents!

jgleaves

Greenie
Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Southern California. I do some half dollar boxes and just did 2 $25 penny boxes. Never seen foreign coins in the half dollar boxes but my penny boxes gave up Canadian pennies and also a 2 cent Euro as it is same size and color as our penny. Do not see Mexican coins. Coinstar is very different due to close to Mexico but also get middle eastern coins as refugees from various countries pass through other countries on there way here so there is quite a variety.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread