Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep asking banks what car company services them and they act like I am asking for nuclear codes. How do I make sure what company get's their coin counter bags? I am pretty sure that if I ask for MWR of dimes or quarters that is probably the armored car company, but...
I know on the dimes Loomis puts their names but boxes of halves I have gotten at the same bank have no name but have yellow lettering. What does Guardia use and others?

Finally I was thinking that if I can get Loomis boxes at certain banks then I would want to find a bank that uses Wells Fargo or Guardia or someone else.

However if I cannot tell how far away would you have to dump to reduce the odds of getting your own dump in a coin counter back? I live in the south Metro Boston Area.

I also would prefer not to drive more than 20 miles to a dump bank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Arkie my account is only that size for a few more days, my parents both died and we sold their house and I am distributing the money to brothers and sisters so I will be soon back to looking for money to order a couple boxes. I sounded like a real snob even mentioning that but I guess I was blown away by having more money than needed for bills at one time even if it wasn't mine except a little bit.
Gawd I can't believe how that sounded! I am embarrassed.

TD's order form doesn't even list halves. Will see at lunch today if they will actually order them now that I have talked to their corporate office. Even if they won't I will stay with them because I like the bank and the tellers are very friendly and greet me by first name every time I drop in. I tend to run hot and cold on CRHing, mostly do it in the winter when I get snowed in and can't do much astronomy, since my stroke cold affects me. I often get discouraged after a skunk streak and drop out for a couple years or so. I feel inside that my recent finds have been my youngest son Sean watching over me. He passed away at age 29 last Christmas (2016) and something made me stop at a bank and ask for CWR's for the first time in 5 years a couple months ago. Miss him more than I can say.

I have two boxes coming in from a bank I have been at for 40 years, first boxes of halves (they required 2 minimum) and just decided I will bring them cookies when I pick them up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from TD Bank, the halves should be in next Thursday, they are happy to do it. They also said if I roll them they will then ship them back but I said no I won't do that since it makes extra work for them I take them to another bank(s) with a counter. up till now I have gotten Loomis (yellow boxes) these will be Garda. Will get extra cookies. I have been doing CRH after a 5 year layoff, now for about 6 weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread