Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Banks wont say what Car Co services them and how far away to dump

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1,002
    641 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening

    Banks won't say what Car Co services them and how far away to dump

    I keep asking banks what car company services them and they act like I am asking for nuclear codes. How do I make sure what company get's their coin counter bags? I am pretty sure that if I ask for MWR of dimes or quarters that is probably the armored car company, but...
    I know on the dimes Loomis puts their names but boxes of halves I have gotten at the same bank have no name but have yellow lettering. What does Guardia use and others?

    Finally I was thinking that if I can get Loomis boxes at certain banks then I would want to find a bank that uses Wells Fargo or Guardia or someone else.

    However if I cannot tell how far away would you have to dump to reduce the odds of getting your own dump in a coin counter back? I live in the south Metro Boston Area.

    I also would prefer not to drive more than 20 miles to a dump bank
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

    #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

    #92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

    2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

    2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

  2. #2

    Jan 2016
    327
    599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    I keep asking banks what car company services them and they act like I am asking for nuclear codes. How do I make sure what company get's their coin counter bags? I am pretty sure that if I ask for MWR of dimes or quarters that is probably the armored car company, but...
    I know on the dimes Loomis puts their names but boxes of halves I have gotten at the same bank have no name but have yellow lettering. What does Guardia use and others?

    Finally I was thinking that if I can get Loomis boxes at certain banks then I would want to find a bank that uses Wells Fargo or Guardia or someone else.

    However if I cannot tell how far away would you have to dump to reduce the odds of getting your own dump in a coin counter back? I live in the south Metro Boston Area.

    I also would prefer not to drive more than 20 miles to a dump bank
    Some banjs are like that. They feel like it is an invasion of privacy or something. I would bet that the same service that brings them boxes takes their bags. They do not have to tell you. But, that's where they get the coins for the boxes.
    When I first started and wanted to know I would joke with the teller when I brought back a box "I bet Loomis hates coming here and having to take boxes back with them" . A few times I got a teller to say " yes they do but we use Brinks".
    I also found out about what time of the day they got their shipment on what day by ordering a box and asking when it would be in and staking out the bank to see for myself.
    It is important to set up a good pick up and dump routine.
    Good luck HH

  3. #3

    Mar 2014
    365
    415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Do a stakeout in the parking lot until you see what truck pulls in. Might have to sit there for a few days but I donít think youíll look that suspicious.....lol.
    Greastart likes this.

  4. #4
    us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett AT Gold
    5,901
    1919 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by silveraddict View Post
    Some banjs are like that. They feel like it is an invasion of privacy or something. I would bet that the same service that brings them boxes takes their bags. They do not have to tell you. But, that's where they get the coins for the boxes.
    When I first started and wanted to know I would joke with the teller when I brought back a box "I bet Loomis hates coming here and having to take boxes back with them" . A few times I got a teller to say " yes they do but we use Brinks".
    I also found out about what time of the day they got their shipment on what day by ordering a box and asking when it would be in and staking out the bank to see for myself.
    It is important to set up a good pick up and dump routine.
    Good luck HH
    Please tell me you're not still taking coins back to the same bank you pick up from?
    port ewen ace likes this.
    2018 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

    Wheats..179
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 4
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

  5. #5

    Jan 2016
    327
    599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    Please tell me you're not still taking coins back to the same bank you pick up from?
    LOL no!!! I pick up at Brinks and drop off at Loomis and Garda.
    I was explaining what I did in the beginning so I could set up a system and not pollute my own stream.

  6. #6
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1,002
    641 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Quote Originally Posted by silveraddict View Post
    LOL no!!! I pick up at Brinks and drop off at Loomis and Garda.
    I was explaining what I did in the beginning so I could set up a system and not pollute my own stream.
    That is it in a nutshell, Currently I pick up from 4 different banks, rotate the boxes as they get upset if it costs them too much, and they do have to pay to have the halves brought in and then I use up to 20 different banks with counters to dump at
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

    #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

    #92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

    2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

    2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

  7. #7

    Jan 2016
    327
    599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    That is it in a nutshell, Currently I pick up from 4 different banks, rotate the boxes as they get upset if it costs them too much, and they do have to pay to have the halves brought in and then I use up to 20 different banks with counters to dump at
    You just have to remember that sometimes someone will disrupts your perfect plan and you have to go to plan B. It is all part of the game.
    FormerTeller likes this.

  8. #8
    us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

    Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    3,138
    5640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    you are in a high traffic, tourist area with a never ending flow of new money flowing through a very large river--------------------

    so_______ as a very important in her own little mind once said >>>>>>>>>>>

    WHAT DIFFERENCE,----- AT THIS POINT, -------DOES IT MAKE

  9. #9
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1,002
    641 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Yup but most people don't carry half dollars on vacation...

    but there is the chance they will bring silver dimes. I think it is going to be older people who dump their jars of change that have been in the closet since the 50's (I hope)
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

    #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

    #92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

    2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

    2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

  10. #10

    Jan 2016
    327
    599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    Yup but most people don't carry half dollars on vacation...

    but there is the chance they will bring silver dimes. I think it is going to be older people who dump their jars of change that have been in the closet since the 50's (I hope)
    Mostly it is crack heads that steal their parents collections and dump them.
    port ewen ace likes this.

  11. #11

    Mar 2012
    547
    405 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It may not matter where you dump or where you pick up regardless of the coin supplier. I have banks where loomis labeled trucks bring NF string or brinks boxes, and I have had banks where Garda, or Dunbar brings loomis boxes. Iím not far from you either Iím in CT.

  12. #12
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1,002
    641 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    I looked at the Loomis site and they have a center in Taunton, 14 miles south of me and one in Wakefield 24 miles north, I didn't see anything in RI so I think that the Taunton center may handle all of RI and SE Mass so unless I can id a different service it is hard to get away from your own stream

    Don't cross the streams Ray...
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

    #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

    #92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

    2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

    2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

  13. #13
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1,002
    641 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Pretty sure Rockland uses Loomis, they have a center in Taunton 14 miles from me and one in Wakefield 25 miles from me.

    Most of the branches with counters are closer to Taunton, the one I dumped at on Saturday is halfway between the two centers so could go either way. There are 4 branches that are closer to Wakefield so less likely to show up in my pickup banks they are 5-10 miles from Wakefield and 25-30 miles from Taunton so on a pure business platform they would most likely be serviced by Wakefield, while my banks being closer to Taunton, would hopefully be serviced by Taunton, of course there are a couple branches much closer to Tauton I might be able to order half boxes from

    BUT is it worth driving 35-40 minutes each way to get to the branches close to the Wakefield location, that adds about 6 gallons of gas ($15) and 2 hours of time, for that cost I could buy 2 90% junk halves!

    Or am I overthinking this whole thing?
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

    #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

    #92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

    2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

    2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

  14. #14

    Feb 2013
    939
    512 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You are way overthinking this. Remember that its all luck of the draw. Just pick up from a bank, search, dump at a different bank and repeat. Figuring out and trying to dump with different car services is just a waste of time. So is driving your dumps far away.

  15. #15

    Sep 2012
    581
    393 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mxh5891 View Post
    You are way overthinking this. Remember that its all luck of the draw. Just pick up from a bank, search, dump at a different bank and repeat. Figuring out and trying to dump with different car services is just a waste of time. So is driving your dumps far away.
    This is absolutely the best response. Unless you are doing 10's of thousands per week, how you dump will not affect your supply.

    Order coin from whatever banks will order for you and use those banks only for sourcing - do not dump there. Try to expand your supply network at every opportunity.

    Dump coin at whatever bank has an accurate automated counter (self-serve or teller-manned). Do not over-stress your dump stream - spread across a number of branches.

    Slowly increase your volume from whatever source has the highest yield. If necessary due to bankroll constraints, reduce your volume from whatever sources consistently do not produce.

    When all is said and done, the only thing that matters is yield. If you re-search some of your own dumps along the way, who cares! It's not like you would be getting even more if you dumped an hour away. It might be your dumps that are stirring the water that produce.
    FormerTeller likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dump Banks
    By Dr_Silver in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2017, 07:39 AM
  2. Dump Banks
    By Jav in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
  3. Help with dump banks?
    By CanadianCRH in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
  4. Help with dump banks
    By jack584 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
  5. Dump Banks
    By minelab rick in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0