Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
6 of the 8 boxes came in today and I haven't called the 4th bank yet.

So far halfway through the first box, no silver yet, but a NO FG 1982 a really nice one. a 2005 cameo proof, and 8 NIFC's so far

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben: I hope you don't run into DUMPING PROBLEMS at the banks with all those halves? Hate to be shut down with that weekly vol. Good luck on the other boxes. Personally I couldn't manage such a bankroll.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
This was a total cluster*(%$ as 3 of the banks were supposed to be over the last 3 weeks and only one today, that way I get 2 boxes a week. Dumping is just time consuming not a problem as I use 20 different dump banks, and none of them the banks I get the boxes from.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank charges for coin machine after 50 dollars so I just bribg 50 dollars at a time. Went twice and the first time got short 1.50, the secound time I was short 75 cents as it gave me a credit for 25 cents that I didn't put in. I wonder how many times it shorted me in the past as it used to not have a limit for customers. I'm going only bring rolled coins back to the bank, this way I know what I'll get in return. Also TD bank doesn't have counters in anymore, I asked why and they told me because there not accurate,

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank charges for coin machine after 50 dollars so I just bribg 50 dollars at a time. Went twice and the first time got short 1.50, the secound time I was short 75 cents as it gave me a credit for 25 cents that I didn't put in. I wonder how many times it shorted me in the past as it used to not have a limit for customers. I'm going only bring rolled coins back to the bank, this way I know what I'll get in return. Also TD bank doesn't have counters in anymore, I asked why and they told me because there not accurate,

Don't complain to the bank, that's how you get shut down or get the counter taken away. I only raise concerns if I have a good relationship and it's a large amount, and even then I've NEVER gotten a credit for any errors. I've learned to keep my mouth shut.

It's the tax- you don't complain when a roll is full of silver, and you don't complain when the count is off a coin or two.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen them under AND over. As was said it is the tax for the hobby. Also it is better than 3,5 or 10% charges

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread