Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
:BangHead: One of our employees left in a hurry for a family weekend. I told her I'd deposit her paycheck for her. Went to her bank and after depositing her check asked the teller if she had any halves or large dollar coins. She sighed and said not here because she had just transferred to this branch. "However, across town, in the cash drawer I left behind, there were $200 in large coins."

I asked her to call the other branch to see if they were still there. She said don't worry, they've been there for months...they're still there! I left and drove the 10 minutes to the other branch and made the request. The teller that took over her drawer looked at me and shook her head. She said " I just got rid of them today!"

Damn!! Or, as Port Ewen Ace says...:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got the same Charlie Brown/Lucy football scam pulled on me today at 2 banks---- missed it by that much :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::sad11::sad11:-- wit da dolla coins

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too. Missed $330 in silver dollars by a day but got $430 in halves. I cleaned up really nice but wonder what I missed. Last score of 17.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Nooooo!!! Don't let this turn into a #MeToo large dollar hunt!

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually did that to someone but with halves. A local bank holds ALL CWR's for a fellow CRHer I stopped in and asked for halves and a newer teller who hadn't gotten the word said yes, 5 rolls. 1 was solid silver 3 90% and 17 40% another had 5 40% and a $20 double roll was all 1971D uncs. Ran into the CRHer at the coin shop and mentioned that the bank seemed to be holding ALL CWR for him and he said yes they did that for him and will tell other people they have no CWR's. So I couldn't resist but to tell him of my score off him.

IMG_20171118_111113332 resize.jpg

IMG_20171118_152605505.jpg

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
That's funny. Would have been fun to see his face. I might have kept it quiet myself. Now he's even less likely to skip that bank on a day he doesn't really feel like stopping because he'll remember the time some guy at the coin shop rubbed it in his face. Just me.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
That was almost 2 months ago and since then even that teller has said "no CWR" he has it locked up. Oh well, it was nice to see his face

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread