Xmas Silver "here & gone" already ?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought that the holiday silver would have shown up and stayed around awhile, but it appears that it vanished as fast as it appeared. Have picked up several boxes of dimes this year, and only the very first few boxes had some AG, but the last few (4-5) were all skunks. Could it be that they vanished or is there more CRH's than the area can support? Has it already happened to you other guys?, comments.

OR, what could be worse, could the coin vendors have installed NEW COIN SORTERS that could extract AG as part of their processing?

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is quite a rough skunk run for dimes. They never materialized for me either and any coins coming in seem to have been shipped out rapidly before I could buy them. Weird beginning to the year. CRH seems to be on an uptick, finds are down, price is pretty flat,... I don't get it. I am still hovering in that 1 silver for every $180-190 in dimes but that's because I got a few small loads with silver. Talking just MWRs they are hideous rt now. I did find a branch that had some ridiculous foreign coins in the MWR dimes. One coin was visibly bulging and I assumed it was going to be a penny in there but it was a Swiss coin. If I ever get back to the area I'll buy more since their counter/ rolling facility is not rejecting anything lol. Seems like I've been missing all the big dollar scores (snapped up by customers as they were brought in in a big bag) and silver halves ( teller tipped me off but they got shipped out before I could get to them. I was laid up for the best time of the month but I am back now. That's the report from my neck. Best of luck to you.

SlowSilver

Aug 2, 2011
Los Angeles
Here is my luck since the beginning of December. 16 box skunk streak on halves, only 1 war nickel out of 4 boxes. And 1 silver dime from 2 boxes. I am a little shocked as well.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Slowsilver, that's tough times. My half boxes are hitting but nothing awesome. I got a Franklin ender and got 2 90% in that roll and 8 40% out of my last box. My other branch is steady skunking on 2 2018 boxes with one lone 40% in the last box. I think I am going to stop asking for halves there. They are my nicest branch and keep a standing order for 1 box a week but the boxes have sucked. I keep hoping they'll have some luck but its been a year since they produced anything decent. The best boxes from them were maybe 8-10 90s and 10-16 40s. Not worth all the effort to dump em.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t search boxes locally anymore because finds were dismal.

Just after the first of the year I bought $90 in CWR halves and 177 of the coins were 40’s...my best find in 4 years of searching. We simply need to be persistent whether it’s boxes, CWRs, or loose coins.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
February and March were almost always my best months

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread