Coin Roll Hunting Nickels Competition Hunt!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it’s been a while since I’ve come out with a coin roll hunting competition video. My brother Kevin and I have had a lot of time to go through boxes of cents and nickels and we always choose the box with the most enders showing for our competition hunt videos.

This box had two enders show: a 1955 and a 1949. That’s pretty dang good for a nickel box! We knew it was gonna be a good one and spoiler alert: it was.

Screenshot (352).png Screenshot (355).png

We pulled a little bit of everything: buffalos, silver, 30s Jeffs and countless other oldies.
Of course, the standard handful of Canadians accompanied the good stuff (we count them as negative points in our scoring system).

Screenshot (359).png Screenshot (362).png Screenshot (364).png Screenshot (365).png

Overall, this was an awesome box and a really fun competition hunt. Here’s the video if you’re interested in seeing the whole hunt. Thanks for watching!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I had a nickel comp while watching this vid. I always enjoy your videos.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I had a nickel comp while watching this vid. I always enjoy your videos.

Awesome! I'm curious- do you use the same scoresheet we came up with or did you make your own?

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just copied yours. Got my butt kicked 11-5. They were cwr so not a whole lot to find.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome videos and fun game! Gonna try this with my kids.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just copied yours. Got my butt kicked 11-5. They were cwr so not a whole lot to find.

Oh nice! That's the risk you run with cwr...could be awesome, could be nothing. I like the consistency of buying boxes, but it's low risk low reward.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a similar contest with one of my 10-yr old grand daughters with boxes of cents. We had a blast, but I got beat, REAL BAD, she won fair & square.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread