PAYS to get MRW's Dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up four boxes of dimes yesterday, and rim checked each box for AG , only 1-Rosie the other three boxes were skunks. However, I kept the coin contents of the 3-skunks separate from each other to be rewrapped. When rerolling, I make sure of the count going in each roll IS EXACTLY 50. When finished, there were 5/6/7 dimes contents remaining. Just goes to show that the calibration of the coin counting/rolling machines are not always EXACT. And, just as we have seen shortages in rolls, this now shows that overages do happen. Made money this time, WOWWIE.

Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually have luck like that when it's CWR's of quarters. Have not experienced overages from MWR

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
short rolls are more common than over 50 rolls. then figger the dreaded steel sailboats, 5 Pence, pennies & other trash in Loomis rolls :BangHead:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That is interesting. I sometimes wish I'd slowed down to count the $100k in dimes that I searched between 2010-2015, I never counted but I also never re-rolled.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is interesting. I sometimes wish I'd slowed down to count the $100k in dimes that I searched between 2010-2015, I never counted but I also never re-rolled.

and that--- FFAD------ is why I weigh rolls. got a CWR dollar roll this week shorted by 2 :BangHead:. 185 gr told me that much. dime roll s/b 114.4+/- a few tenths. under 114 says sailboat. high 114's --- possible AG :laughing7:--- or a stinkin' 5 Pence :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions