Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am super excited to bring you a new Quinā€™s Coins YouTube series: Coin Quest. In this series, I am experimenting to see how far I can get into a Lincoln cent album using only coins that I can find coin roll hunting. 8 episodes- 8 boxes. Iā€™ll follow up on this thread every time a new episode comes out. Here is a quick introduction to the series. Thanks for watching!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gordon & Tanner, & Quin
This filling folder idea is what I've been working on now for years for my 13-grandkids. I just wish that I had done it with my own 5-kids as they were growing up, now it's too late. Now I go thru cent boxes, picking out the "best" looking coins. Then when I have plenty of the BEST coins, I then go thru them (the BEST) again to find the "BEST OF THE BEST" for them to put in their folders. Once I get back into my older cents that are stored away, they should be able to have filled all but the Key & Semi-Key dated cent coins.

You must have one of the largest collections of cents in the country! That is very nice of you to do for your grandkids. My grandpa did the same for me. He gave me a full ā€˜46-ā€˜64 dime collection for my birthday 10 years ago. I was shocked at how generous of a gift it was. Heā€™s a huge reason as to why Iā€™m so interested in coins today.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should order a book for Canada coins

I ordered one the other night! Very similar to the dansco cent album, and about half the price. Iā€™ve been saving the Canadians so Iā€™ll just fill them in once I get the book. It will be fun to see it grow alongside the American cents. Watching USA vs Canada Curling as I type this lol

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please quit it with the videos, unless your goal is to bring young people into the hobby. They will dilute the slim pickings we each get from half dollar boxes even more.

I havenā€™t hunted half dollars on my channel in almost a year and I donā€™t plan to bring them back. Theyā€™re not fun imo.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people refer to anything after wheats as ā€œLincolnsā€...

Even if I accept this pretty weak explanation (never heard that before...Lincolns are Lincolns are Lincolns) it's still inaccurate and misleading, since the S proofs are far lower mintage. But putting aside the proofs, you could've easily called your vid "the rarest Memorial penny" and it would've been perfectly fine.

...and the thumbnail portrays the exact coin Iā€™m talking about.

Hence the confusion. Even novice collectors know what the rarest Lincoln is, and it ain't the one you portray.

My point is, CRHing is a helluva lot of fun and your vids clearly show that. When promoting it, please try to exhibit some integrity.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But putting aside the proofs, you could've easily called your vid "the rarest Memorial penny" and it would've been perfectly fine.

My point is, CRHing is a helluva lot of fun and your vids clearly show that. When promoting it, please try to exhibit some integrity.

Alright, you persuaded me. I changed the title to better reflect what was found.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You must have one of the largest collections of cents in the country! That is very nice of you to do for your grandkids. My grandpa did the same for me. He gave me a full ā€˜46-ā€˜64 dime collection for my birthday 10 years ago. I was shocked at how generous of a gift it was. Heā€™s a huge reason as to why Iā€™m so interested in coins today.

I wouldn't call it the largest cent collection, BUT it is very very large, and it's going to take me some time to extract the BEST OF THE BEST, on the 1909 thru 1939 group, opening up rolls & rolls of old wheats, cuz they already have the 3-folders & with the coins 1940-1958. I enjoy doing it FOR THEM.

Quin: I think your vids are just the right thing for the BEGINNERS guide to CRH'g as a show & tell concept. And NO, I don't think that anyone just getting into CRH is going to deplete the vast potential of the WILD.

Last edited:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quin: I think your vids are just the right thing for the BEGINNERS guide to CRH'g as a show & tell concept. And NO, I don't think that anyone just getting into CRH is going to deplete the vast potential of the WILD.

Agree on both counts. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
A few of my prior postings have been deleted, so let me be blunt: I do not appreciate your videos, and I feel they are corrupting the hobby. Thanks to you there are 10,000 more coin roll hunters.

Last edited:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you there are 10,000 more coin roll hunters.

The good thing is, there are 10,000 widows on the verge of cashing in their late hubby's collections at the bank. We've crunched the numbers on this topic for years on this site, and your theory has essentially become a CRH urban myth. Even if CRHer's numbers swelled by 100,000 there would be puhlenty of finds to go around. Quin is simply enlightening the next CRH generation.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Episode 4 is here! This box was awesome- it produced the rarest wheat cent that I have ever found! The coin is a 1923-S and it comes in at just 8.7 million minted. Here are some close ups:

Screenshot (34).png Screenshot (35).png

I have been on a hot streak with cents lately. Couldn't have asked for better timing for it! Thanks for watching!

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Episode 4 is here! This box was awesome- it produced the rarest wheat cent that I have ever found! The coin is a 1923-S and it comes in at just 8.7 million minted. Here are some close ups:

View attachment 1554923 View attachment 1554924

I have been on a hot streak with cents lately. Couldn't have asked for better timing for it! Thanks for watching!

The one in the thumbnail picture looks nothing like the one in your hand. It is at least MS-64, when yours is AG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread