Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'82-P with 1 obverse & 2 reverse die cracks

IMG_7308.JPG IMG_7309.JPG IMG_7310.JPG

'90-P, large die chip between bust & MM

IMG_7311.JPG IMG_7312.JPG

'99-P, mild die clash both sides
IMG_7313.JPG IMG_7314.JPG

no eye deer if other half of box is giving sanctuary to any silver hiding in the shadows:dontknow::tongue3:--- there may be a "path to ???"

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice multi-crack. I honestly have not found much in terms of die cracks on dimes. I knew you'd come through with at least one!
Your large die chip looks similar to my 1988-D in my oddity log. A little smaller, but that's okay. :) It's interesting to learn the common spots where the die fails on all the denominations.
I couldn't really pick up any details on the obverse of the clash, but you can definitely see those trademark lines from Roosevelt's bust on the reverse.
Silver dimes have been slower than usual for me. I think I found two silver Canadians, two FDRs, and one double-holed Mercury in way too many boxes/bags over the last week or so. Definitely averaging less than one silver per $250.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with all denoms from the Philly Mint--- the usual suspects are early '80's to late '90's. appears Homer Simpson worked there part time with Peter Griffin and Krusty the Clown :laughing9:. the market on Ebay appears to warrant the time-- sold listings are copious & lucrative---- if ya like "lucras":tongue3::dontknow::laughing9:

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know on the dime errors/varieties in regards to ebay value. Thank God I have you guys to connect the dots for me on some issues.
I have been targeting the Philly mint coins and devoting more eye-time to them than Denver mint. I'm leaving the date range wide open though after finding a 2016-P with an extremely weak strike AND a clash. Can't wait to photo that one and post it.
Have you been checking for all the known doubled dies? I'd love to know the find-rate for those. I have a bag chock full of those dates that I pulled just waiting to be looked through. The only ones I've searched as I found them are the 2004-D for the doubled ear and the 2016-D for the doubled torch band with zero found so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread