Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I had stopped by the bank and ordered two more boxes of halves, when I got home they called me on the phone and said they were sorry but they forgot to tell me about the $41.50 (83 coins) of loose kennedy's. I told them I would be right there.
Went right down and picked them up. At the same time one of the people told me about 3 Morgans that he got and took home. I gave him my card and I may get a change to check them out and buy them for junk value, they are 1878's in maybe Good condition, we will see

ANYHOW, I went through the coins and found 7 40% and 1 90% !!!

IMG_20180201_131147416.jpg

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Having a good realtionship with the bank tellers is ALWAYS as good thing. Glad you got the call, and good luck on the possible Mogran's.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... At the same time one of the people told me about 3 Morgans that he got and took home...

There was a post a while back where a Member was educating tellers on what he was doing. This is a perfect example of what happens when you educate tellers on what you are doing.

OK ...I’ll now get off my soap box ( I’m not sure everyone knows what I’m talking about when I say “soap box”but...hey)

9AC657A0-5C72-490F-B9AF-4D3B9B7C3CE5.jpeg

Last edited:

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool that your teller called you and you scored some silvers, Ben! I hope the boxes produce and the Morgans are nice!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a post a while back where a Member was educating tellers on what he was doing. This is a perfect example of what happens when you educate tellers on what you are doing.

OK ...I’ll now get off my soap box ( I’m not sure everyone knows what I’m talking about when I say “soap box”but...hey)

View attachment 1544381

WaterScoop, I was one of the members that has stated a thing or two about educating some of the tellers I deal with. Some of us have built up great relationships with certain tellers. In fact, when I joined this site, that was one of the things most of the old times talked about doing. Get to know the tellers and build a relationship with them. This post, and several other post that are on here are on here because of great relationships with the tellers. Be nice to them, they will be nice to you and do that little extra for you. Thanks for a really good example of this Ben.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Glad that worked out for you. I have a two former student of mine who work at one of my dump bank and two more where I purchase them by the box. I have discussed this with them as well, so maybe one day I two will get a call. We'll see.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grovel. fawn, flirt, take a knee, even whine & cry like a NY senator---- whatever it takes :dontknow::laughing9:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WaterScoop, I was one of the members that has stated a thing or two about educating some of the tellers I deal with. Some of us have built up great relationships with certain tellers. In fact, when I joined this site, that was one of the things most of the old times talked about doing. Get to know the tellers and build a relationship with them. This post, and several other post that are on here are on here because of great relationships with the tellers. Be nice to them, they will be nice to you and do that little extra for you. Thanks for a really good example of this Ben.

So in the famous words of Dr. Phil...How is that working out for you?

6A85AA81-0690-466E-B7C8-2306AD07006E.png

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well WaterScoop, I’ll let you do some research and you can go though the finds that are posted here...and then you can tell me how it’s working out for people on here! By the way, Dr Phil is a moron.....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517538597.306239.jpg
This is how it worked out for me today from a teller that holds halves for me because she knows what I look for!!!

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller call me today about a collection dump, separate post to come. In short I'm very pleased with my educated tellers :occasion14:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Rich moron but still a moron I agree.
Happy its working out for you fellas. That’s all that matters.
Results

Just curious how many 90% silvers in this bunch?

A8E6209A-302B-4CE9-B720-F507AD45EFB3.jpeg

Cheers and good hunting

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 - 40%. But for my area, this is a good score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread