I thought last week was good....!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Last week I posted (in Today's Finds; sorry, old habits die hard) my first dream box: 348 silver. 281 40%, 9 Walkers, 47 Bens and 9 64. It was amazing, and you can see pictures over there. Today, I set out to dump all twelve of this week's boxes in one day and I succeeded. It can be hard work! Anyway, at a bank where I've had success in the past, I got rid of my box and asked, as I always do, if they had any other halves I can buy. I always need extra, you know! In hushed tones, the teller told me she had a lot that had been brought in by the family of a deceased coin collector. Cash register sounds exploded in my head! They had a friend who sorted out some goodies and they ran out of patience with that and just brought in the rest. As in $570 in halves! Sold! They were all 40%, and silver decided to drop $.60 today, but they'll be getting sold in the not too distant future! Even at today's lower price, an instant profit of over $2000!

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly.... That is incredible.... 57 solid rolls of 40%

And even more unbelievable you got it at a bank you dumped at. I'm surprised that they didn't sell you back your halves. Did you dump all 13 boxes there?

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Holy moly.... That is incredible.... 57 solid rolls of 40%

And even more unbelievable you got it at a bank you dumped at. I'm surprised that they didn't sell you back your halves. Did you dump all 13 boxes there?

No, I only dump one box at a particular bank about every two months. Beyond that, it's gluttony! This bank has a corporate policy that their tellers can't poach anything that comes in. Once I figured that out, I've done very well just by asking!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great score. I had a similar score back when silver was in the low-$40's. Wasn't smart enough to sell.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
CONGRATS!!!!! Looks like this is starting out to be a great year for many of us.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
GO BACK AND GET ALL OTHER DENOMINATIONS!!!! Ask for anything and everything they turned in, from pennies to hundreds! Ask for anything the bank didn't take that may have been thrown away! Heck, I'd be tempted to dive their dumpster!

Last edited:

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
:headbang: Absolutely Amazing Scores! I hunted in the vicinity of the major towns there (Butler, Aliquippa, Elwood City) a few years back and completely overlooked Zelienople! I regret I did now with your news.:BangHead:

Congratulations!

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
:headbang: Absolutely Amazing Scores! I hunted in the vicinity of the major towns there (Butler, Aliquippa, Elwood City) a few years back and completely overlooked Zelienople! I regret I did now with your news.:BangHead:

Congratulations!

Zelienople is where I order boxes. Where I find dumps is a bit more random. I better not identify the town or bank where I've done the best!

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Zelienople is where I order boxes. Where I find dumps is a bit more random. I better not identify the town or bank where I've done the best!

No worries - I'm not looking to poach. Your luck is running quite hot right now. Enjoy it while it lasts! 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread