Another bag of halves

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by one of my banks to fill up the half dollar bag and then buy it from them. When the teller handed me the bag I could see a bright white rim staring at me. I haven't opened it yet so I'll let you know what the results are. The teller asks me if I want some two dollar bills and I say of course. I got my first red seal from a bank . And it's a star note. Not the best condition but I'll take it. Sweet. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517696958.734829.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I learned something today. I always thought that the star was always on the right side, guess I was wrong all these years.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I learned something today. I always thought that the star was always on the right side, guess I was wrong all these years.

Modern replacement notes have the asterisk (star) following the SN. Early ones had it preceding the SN - like OP's.

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So not a whole lot in that bag. 2 franklins and 2 proofs. Oh well. I'll take it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517716349.803444.jpg

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
You are lucky you can buy bags! I have tried 15 different banks and they all say they are contracted by the armored car companies. 1 did sell me a bag of halves and dimes but not sure if they will do it again.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You are lucky you can buy bags! I have tried 15 different banks and they all say they are contracted by the armored car companies. 1 did sell me a bag of halves and dimes but not sure if they will do it again.

This is where building relationships with the banks come in. I got that same response for years, but eventually I got several branches to sell them to me in a regular basis, even though other branches of the same bank would not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread