Upvote 0

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an old "growler' from a local beer brewery.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cookie jar for clad.:tchest:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I use a jar and when it gets fairly full, I take the coins out and roll them up. I generally end up with between $55 and $75 in coin. Take it in and get bills from one of the dump banks I use.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quart size freezer grade zip closure bag. It stays in my car and I use the coins to pay for gas and snacks I buy from convenience stores.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red plastic coffee can from work. Holds exactly 1 box of nickels

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally come close to a panic attack when some dope with coffee cans, plastic jugs and other "containers" approaches a coin machine---
hairpins, paper clips, screws, foil, laundry detergent, dog hair, gum, grease, & soda covered coins----- all ready to :censored: up the machine for 2 days until service can repair what some clueless :cussing::tard: tries to redeem as money :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

just get a canvas bank bag from your bank---- and put your garbage in the GARBAGE CAN :BangHead:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally come close to a panic attack when some dope with coffee cans, plastic jugs and other "containers" approaches a coin machine---
hairpins, paper clips, screws, foil, laundry detergent, dog hair, gum, grease, & soda covered coins----- all ready to :censored: up the machine for 2 days until service can repair what some clueless :cussing::tard: tries to redeem as money :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

just get a canvas bank bag from your bank---- and put your garbage in the GARBAGE CAN :BangHead:

Canvas bags for sure for dumps. I've had both my primary dump bank coin machines down for two weeks because of what PEA mentioned above

For foreign, wheats and other randoms I through into any Large plastic container that works. Most likely from Costco

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the old metal coffee cans. One for pennies and one for the rest. When each is full it goes to the bank. When I leave the bank I go see if I can find some silver bullion to buy......:laughing7:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Coffee cans for halves. A 42.5 oz blue Maxwell House can holds exactly $500 of halves. Transfer to bags for transport to the dump bank.

I buy used clear coin tubes at my LCS for 10 cents each, use those to hold specific dates, etc. Label them using masking tape and marker.

Pill bottles to sort foreign coins by country, labeled the same way.

In my SDB I use mostly tubes for silver, though I keep some 40% halves in clear freezer bags. ALL silver containers are labeled "SILVER"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread