AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_7381.JPG

cut the ends wit da blade (if in NY--- be sure you have a permit),

the scat goes in a box,

yer LOOOSERS in da bag--:angry4::cussing::sad11:

loupe locked & loaded --

eye protection to scan a short stack (both sides---dum, dum)---- zip the bag for a trip to the "dump" :laughing9:----

almost forgot----:laughing7:

if youze get a good one ------:dontknow:

well.........???

figger that one out yerself :tongue3:

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BofA saves *STAR* notes, Silver Certs., all odd paper notes, orders halves & dollars with availability within 2 days every week, have all other boxes of coins on hand, pays me 3% on my card with a 10% bonus on top for redeeming online and depositing into the checking & $25 per quarter on my other card, gives free checking with my direct deposit------------------------ :BangHead: :angry4: :cussing: :sad11: --- gotta finds me a better bank :dontknow::laughing9:

Yep, BofA has always been good to me. First time I can remember I was around 55 and they discontinued a free checking plan I went in and asked about it. The teller/manager winked at me and said I now qualify for their "senior" plan even though I was way to young. When I retired (10 years later) I moved several hundred miles north. I went into the local BofA and said I needed to transfer my account to this branch. The teller very sadly said she couldn't. In a few months she will be laid off and the entire bank is closing down.

In the mean time (probably starting in my early 60's) I took up CRHing and of course I used my local BofA as a "buy" bank. Sometimes I would get 2 or 3 boxes of halves. One teller would also save any silver he found. If I bought 3 boxes I could only carry two at a time to my car. So he would hold the third box at his window. I would come back in and directly walk up to his window even if a new customer was being helped. He would notice me and hand me the other box. I always wondered what that customer was thinking "this guy just walked up to my teller and he was given a big box that said $500 on the side. Whats going on?"

The town I am in now only has 4 banks. Not fertile hunting grounds. I was in my new bank last week and asked if they ever get any halves and the teller said yes but they don't last very long. I asked if other people come in and ask for them, he said YES :( There is only 27,000 people in my entire county.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, BofA has always been good to me. First time I can remember I was around 55 and they discontinued a free checking plan I went in and asked about it. The teller/manager winked at me and said I now qualify for their "senior" plan even though I was way to young. When I retired (10 years later) I moved several hundred miles north. I went into the local BofA and said I needed to transfer my account to this branch. The teller very sadly said she couldn't. In a few months she will be laid off and the entire bank is closing down.

In the mean time (probably starting in my early 60's) I took up CRHing and of course I used my local BofA as a "buy" bank. Sometimes I would get 2 or 3 boxes of halves. One teller would also save any silver he found. If I bought 3 boxes I could only carry two at a time to my car. So he would hold the third box at his window. I would come back in and directly walk up to his window even if a new customer was being helped. He would notice me and hand me the other box. I always wondered what that customer was thinking "this guy just walked up to my teller and he was given a big box that said $500 on the side. Whats going on?"

The town I am in now only has 4 banks. Not fertile hunting grounds. I was in my new bank last week and asked if they ever get any halves and the teller said yes but they don't last very long. I asked if other people come in and ask for them, he said YES :( There is only 27,000 people in my entire county.

Seems like our hobby is overpopulated. Maybe we need to 'work' on that one? ;)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I only cut them open if and when I can put the loose coins into a bag for return. But here I unroll the end of each roll using a small screwdriver and slide the coins out, check each coin. If no silver I just slide the coins back into that same paper roll and put back into the box with that roll top mashed down. If a silver coin or coins are removed, I install a replacement non silver coin or coins and still put the roll back into the box. The bank takes the box I return and then they open each roll and drop the coins into a bag to be sent out. If I put it in the bag they will not credit my account for 7 days.

If you need to reuse the roll, try the round end of a paperclip. Roll it around under the lip of the crimp and the crimp comes undone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread