Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally realized that many of the people on this forum are right, I need to dump at a distant bank. I never dump where I buy but since I usually dump within 10 miles of my pickup bank I may well be getting halves that I have already searched.

I am now identifying banks about 15 miles away or so that have counters that I will open accounts at. The other thing is that those banks NW of me, the Loomis and Garda offices are really close to them while where I live the banks are served, I believe by the offices towards the Cape, my pickup bank is 20 miles from the SE office while it is 35 miles from the NW office, so more likely to be the SW office. The banks I am looking at are 10 miles from the NW so more likely to go there.

It adds time and gas to my dumping BUT I shouldn't get searched coins back

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Distance has nothing to do with it unless you are dumping in a different Fed. District. Dumping at a bank that has a different courier than what you buy from is the key.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I am trying to identify the couriers from each dump bank, my 4 different pickup banks all use Garda, so far I have id'd one dump bank as Loomis.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Exactly, the buy bank here is Garda, and the dump bank is Brinks. I try to even drive 60 miles away every so often to dump totally out of my area. Figured it can't hurt to get the coins away from me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread