Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Styfflin
  • 1 Post By port ewen ace
  • 1 Post By FormerTeller
  • 1 Post By Zomotion

Thread: Bank coin counter served by...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    634 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening

Bank coin counter served by...

I asked my pickup bank who picks up and drops off coins, they said they cannot tell it is a secret. I have had only one bank tell me who their courier is.

It is NOT like I couldn't waste a couple days and sit outside the bank and wait for the armored car to show up, the name on the side might be a clue. My son says don't ask THEY WILL THINK YOU ARE A TERRORIST OR SOMETHING AND YOU WILL GET FLAGGED that is nuts as is he.

I was wondering if you can get an idea based on the rolls the banks have, although I heard that some banks have both Garda and Loomis.

Since my pickup bank uses Garda (I think based on a couple gold colored Kennedy's I found that I saw in the half bag at the counter that uses Garda, I think I got the same coins back but that was my big silver haul I would want to dump at a bank that uses Loomis

Or am I overthinking it? If you dump and get the same coins back, is two boxes a week enough to make a real difference in a large metro area, i.e. Boston?
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2018 Totals: 147 40% 43 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 240/300

us
    Jan 2013
    Garrett Ace 350
    515 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Overthinking it.
    port ewen ace and Zomotion like this.

us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    5638 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    food for thought--- the river is frozen at the top with ice--- but---- the water is still moving fast---

THAT---- is the money pool---- just go with the flow and do not try to alter the course of nature
    FormerTeller likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    634 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Yup probably overthinking it, asked at the bank just now who they use, they won't tell as I said, will just pay attention if I every see a truck there.

I WOULD like to dump in a machine serviced by Loomis since I think they use Garda.

I wonder how many boxes of halves the coin companies put out a week or a month? I do 2 a week or try to, if that is one 10th of the amount they put out a week then I am not diluting the stream too bad but if they only distribute 4 a week then half of them would be mine already searched.

HOWEVER since each office covers a large area, Loomis all of RI and Cape Cod and all of SE Mass, and Garda has 2 office almost next to each other and they cover ALL of eastern Mass, even for halves it must be a large number of boxes they would have on hand

us
    Apr 2011
    1102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    Or am I overthinking it? If you dump and get the same coins back, is two boxes a week enough to make a real difference in a large metro area, i.e. Boston?
    WAY overthinking it. 2 boxes a week isn't anywhere close to enough to worry about getting your own dumps back in a major metropolitan city. I dump at a bank that uses Brinks, and all my pick up banks use Brinks, yet I constantly get new halves, and get silver on a regular basis.
    Zomotion likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
    888 times
    It doesn't matter where you dump... Rather where clueless people dump their silver
    port ewen ace likes this.
    CRH 2018 silver to date 46.7778 oz
    CRH 2017 final silver total 92.0501 oz

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    634 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerTeller View Post
    WAY overthinking it. 2 boxes a week isn't anywhere close to enough to worry about getting your own dumps back in a major metropolitan city. I dump at a bank that uses Brinks, and all my pick up banks use Brinks, yet I constantly get new halves, and get silver on a regular basis.
    I think you are right, my wife said I am a nut. I am going to join another band since it has 5 branches with coin counters, that gives me just over 30 banks with free coin counters. Garda for example covers then entire Metro Boston area and all the suburbs out of one location, that is a lot of banks

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links