Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked my pickup bank who picks up and drops off coins, they said they cannot tell it is a secret. I have had only one bank tell me who their courier is.

It is NOT like I couldn't waste a couple days and sit outside the bank and wait for the armored car to show up, the name on the side might be a clue. My son says don't ask THEY WILL THINK YOU ARE A TERRORIST OR SOMETHING AND YOU WILL GET FLAGGED that is nuts as is he.

I was wondering if you can get an idea based on the rolls the banks have, although I heard that some banks have both Garda and Loomis.

Since my pickup bank uses Garda (I think based on a couple gold colored Kennedy's I found that I saw in the half bag at the counter that uses Garda, I think I got the same coins back but that was my big silver haul I would want to dump at a bank that uses Loomis

Or am I overthinking it? If you dump and get the same coins back, is two boxes a week enough to make a real difference in a large metro area, i.e. Boston?

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overthinking it.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
food for thought--- the river is frozen at the top with ice--- but---- the water is still moving fast---

THAT---- is the money pool---- just go with the flow and do not try to alter the course of nature :BangHead:

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup probably overthinking it, asked at the bank just now who they use, they won't tell as I said, will just pay attention if I every see a truck there.

I WOULD like to dump in a machine serviced by Loomis since I think they use Garda.

I wonder how many boxes of halves the coin companies put out a week or a month? I do 2 a week or try to, if that is one 10th of the amount they put out a week then I am not diluting the stream too bad but if they only distribute 4 a week then half of them would be mine already searched.

HOWEVER since each office covers a large area, Loomis all of RI and Cape Cod and all of SE Mass, and Garda has 2 office almost next to each other and they cover ALL of eastern Mass, even for halves it must be a large number of boxes they would have on hand

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Or am I overthinking it? If you dump and get the same coins back, is two boxes a week enough to make a real difference in a large metro area, i.e. Boston?

WAY overthinking it. 2 boxes a week isn't anywhere close to enough to worry about getting your own dumps back in a major metropolitan city. I dump at a bank that uses Brinks, and all my pick up banks use Brinks, yet I constantly get new halves, and get silver on a regular basis.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter where you dump... Rather where clueless people dump their silver :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
WAY overthinking it. 2 boxes a week isn't anywhere close to enough to worry about getting your own dumps back in a major metropolitan city. I dump at a bank that uses Brinks, and all my pick up banks use Brinks, yet I constantly get new halves, and get silver on a regular basis.

I think you are right, my wife said I am a nut. I am going to join another band since it has 5 branches with coin counters, that gives me just over 30 banks with free coin counters. Garda for example covers then entire Metro Boston area and all the suburbs out of one location, that is a lot of banks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread