• 1518966855492.jpg
    1518966855492.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
80 wheats, for 3 cents a coin= $2.40-80 (face value)=$1.60 profit for maybe an hour of work. This hobby sucks, even when you score big.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80 wheats, for 3 cents a coin= $2.40-80 (face value)=$1.60 profit for maybe an hour of work. This hobby sucks, even when you score big.

Some of us do it because it’s fun and enjoyable. It’s not always about a profit. Most hobby’s do nothing but cost people money and lots at that. This hobby is a pretty cheap hobby as far as actual costs. By the way don’t take this the wrong way but your posts are always so negative and you do it on everyone’s threads. If your so angry at the hobby then don’t do it anymore. No trying to piss you off but the proof is in the pudding. Just look at almost all your posts. Always negative and saying the hobby sucks. Go away if you don’t like it.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a nice penny box this AM. Many 8-7 wheat rolls.
Total
80 wheats with a bunch of 20s and 30s.
Some teens oldest was 1914

when you spot one like this----- cents make sense---- sold for $50 to a veteran CUD collector

found it on 11/24, sold on 12/05--- 2 free boxes >>>> which rolled into more good winners--- >>>>which added to the float to buy more boxes of winners--- >>>>>repeat as needed<<<<<<<

IMG_6888.JPG IMG_6889.JPG IMG_6890.JPG IMG_6891.JPG

following is the list of silvers pulled from my last 10 boxes of halves:

AND THAT'S THE END OF THE LIST :BangHead::BangHead:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you find a 14 D then you are looking at high hundreds to thousands. (Thats why we look)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW No-one Metal Detects for Pop tops either...just sayin

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

Or you can hit one like this
It normally only takes me about 15-20 min to search a penny box. I do the Penny's for fun. The silver is for profit.

Attachments

• 1518977418736.jpg
    1518977418736.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 107

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Death:
Why do you say this hobby sucks? I find it relaxing & enjoyable. If you have such negative feelings about it, then why are you in it? This hobby is NOT FOR PROFIT, but for enjoyment of hunting for the unknown. Just like Forest Gump said in the movie while sitting on the park bench talking to the older woman waiting for the bus, but for us it's, "CRH is like a box of chocolates, you never know what's inside the box until you open it". Love it, or leave now for the rest of us to reap your potential findings that you could have HAD.
Many of us going after silver, go through box after box, skunk after skunk, but we still go on, with hopes that the next box just might be the box. The hobby is like playing the LOTTERY, you just never know. You can't win unless you play. With COIN ROLL HUNTING, you can't find that KEY COIN, or that silver dime/quarter/half unless you search for it, be it a piggy bank, coin star machine, a bank bag, or the next BOX of coin. So STOP PUTTING THE HOBBY DOWN, with your comments that it SUCKS.
P.S. At 3-cents a Wheatie, just how many thousands would you like to buy from me. HH, DozerD
UGOTIT22: by the way, nice catch of 80-Wheaties, regardless of what others have said. It's not every day you find some teens 20's & 30's in a box. That's why pennies are the best coin to hobby in for hunting & sport. Great job, hope there's some FILLERS in there for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Death:
Why do you say this hobby sucks? I find it relaxing & enjoyable. If you have such negative feelings about it, then why are you in it? This hobby is NOT FOR PROFIT, but for enjoyment of hunting for the unknown. Just like Forest Gump said in the movie while sitting on the park bench talking to the older woman waiting for the bus, but for us it's, "CRH is like a box of chocolates, you never know what's inside the box until you open it". Love it, or leave now for the rest of us to reap your potential findings that you could have HAD.
Many of us going after silver, go through box after box, skunk after skunk, but we still go on, with hopes that the next box just might be the box. The hobby is like playing the LOTTERY, you just never know. You can't win unless you play. With COIN ROLL HUNTING, you can't find that KEY COIN, or that silver dime/quarter/half unless you search for it, be it a piggy bank, coin star machine, a bank bag, or the next BOX of coin. So STOP PUTTING THE HOBBY DOWN, with your comments that it SUCKS.
P.S. At 3-cents a Wheatie, just how many thousands would you like to buy from me. HH, DozerD
UGOTIT22: by the way, nice catch of 80-Wheaties, regardless of what others have said. It's not every day you find some teens 20's & 30's in a box. That's why pennies are the best coin to hobby in for hunting & sport. Great job, hope there's some FILLERS in there for you.

Thanks
pulled a 1916s i needed

Scott W

Feb 7, 2011
Some of us do it because it’s fun and enjoyable. It’s not always about a profit. Most hobby’s do nothing but cost people money and lots at that. This hobby is a pretty cheap hobby as far as actual costs. By the way don’t take this the wrong way but your posts are always so negative and you do it on everyone’s threads. If your so angry at the hobby then don’t do it anymore. No trying to piss you off but the proof is in the pudding. Just look at almost all your posts. Always negative and saying the hobby sucks. Go away if you don’t like it.
My vote is that we rename the SKUNK BOX to the DEATH&TAXES BOX.

Last edited:

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless you find a 14 D then you are looking at high hundreds to thousands. (Thats why we look)

I've actually found two 14-Ds before. One of them even graded AU-58. I find them when I look through junk collections and wheats at my LCS.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My vote is that we rename the SKUNK BOX to the DEATH&TAXES BOX.

My vote is that we rename "successful" boxes "Death&Taxes" boxes because the whole hobby is a waste of time. You can make more money and have more fun doing literally anything else. Stop wasting away your lives for a few measly wheaties.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Death:

Sorry if I offend. Just wanted to provide a reality check for all of you homies. There's more things to life than CRHing.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I read this thread twice, what is a novice like me missing? I don't understand what you did...

I made almost 10k of selling the new pennies so anyone who says there is no money to be made is a fool.
thats not even including all the silver. POint is there is alot if money to be made of crhing

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I made almost 10k of selling the new pennies so anyone who says there is no money to be made is a fool.
thats not even including all the silver. POint is there is alot if money to be made of crhing

2009 coins are a one-off. These days they've gone back to making billions of each denomination. Good luck getting $520 for a box of new quarters.

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'd think Death lost a MMA fight to a box of wheat cents with the way hes hating on them lol.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great box! :icon_thumright: I can't imagine 7-8 wheaties in multiple rolls. I tried 30 or so boxes back in the day and never topped 8 in a whole box. Most had 3-4 and several had none. It wasn't fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread