Spring must REALLY be in the air.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spring is definitely in the air cuz just this month of February, of the 20-dime boxes searched so far, 13-were skunks. I don't recall a period of ANIMALS so frequent in the past 5-years since doing CRH in earnest, that they were so populated. I know that you guys doing halves have some real skunk problems, but it now appears to have penetrated the DIME population as well.
Anyone else having the same in depth smelly situation? Comments

Upvote 0

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dozer, i'm having the same issues. Do four boxes of dimes per week and as you can see on my signature I think i've only found about 11 dimes this year so far...

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a '64-D Rosie this week in a box------ beat that with 2 Rosies in the coin reject

the truck just pulled up with my order of Febreze for last 10 boxes of halves:BangHead:

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
My main issue with dimes is you don't make that much. I averaged just shy of one silver a box last year, and most coin counters at banks will short you a couple coins if you deposit dimes. I'd steer clear of them.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and lots of dimes get counted as pennies, then the "road kill" mangled dimes--------but_____what if :dontknow:

a killer Merc or a SEATED ??????:happysmiley:

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My main issue with dimes is you don't make that much. I averaged just shy of one silver a box last year, and most coin counters at banks will short you a couple coins if you deposit dimes. I'd steer clear of them.

I dump in sealed bags. Problem solved.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
and lots of dimes get counted as pennies, then the "road kill" mangled dimes--------but_____what if :dontknow:

a killer Merc or a SEATED ??????:happysmiley:

Never found a single coin from before 1900 and I've been through a LOT of stuff- probably done 150 boxes of dimes so far and the most valuable coin I ever got was an error worth $20. I've probably lost more than that from the mutilateds ending up in the penny bag. Seateds are unheard of- and if you do find one it is just a cool find, and likely will not be worth anything more than $10-15.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I gotta agree with Death&Taxes on this subject. When I did dime boxes, I averaged 1 silver per box. I averaged higher with CWR's, but since my coin counters were removed, it's too much of a hassle for me to mess with dimes anymore. Haven't searched any in almost a year.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I averaged 1 silver per $150 searched between 2010 and 2015. Six Barbers younger than 1900, one 1900 Victoria dime.
Searched about $80k in cwr and boxes.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I m at 1 per $180 approx but do more cwrs than mwrs. I turn down short rolls and feel them for pennies so I don't take a beating n lose my shirt. Mwrs r safer and I finally got a decent score. Weighed the first roll it's 115 grams. I see 116 often and I think extra dime. I open it up n got six roosies�� I have never seen multiple silvers in a met . I pulled 19 silvers from $40 mwrs n went right back. I bought out all the dimes in that tellers safe then bought $170 the rest of the box from the vault. I must have caught the tail end of a nice dump because there was nothing else except an old silver Canadian dime I n the rest. I bet whoever got dimes in front of me was really happy though. I even went back again a few days later n bought up dimes again but u can't force luck. I should b approaching my first full roll. It was post worthy but I figured I'd past the whole box n it didn't pan out. It did give me hope that a dump could b in a dime box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions