Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: OH, soooooo close

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    640 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    I really don't blame tellers for culling silver they don't make much, but as you said it was unprofessional to do it in front of you.
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2018 Totals: 147 40% 52 90%, Dimes 5, Quarters 45

2018 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 249/300

us
    Feb 2008
    southern NJ/southeast VA
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Right. I have absolutely no problem with their doing it(I sure would if I were them), just do it when you're not dealing with a customer.

Jun 2004
    42 times
    As bad as that sucks, sometimes you just have to suck it up....

us
    Mr.

Jan 2017
    Liberal Country (Mass)
    The only two certainties in life are death and taxes. Hell, the government here even has a tax on death.
    54 times
    Not Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by markmopar View Post
    I had that happen last week. I heard the silver, saw the shiny and watched her slide it off to the side of her keyboard. I mentioned I'd like that one, too. She said "No", I said Yes, she said No, i quietly said "that's a bit unprofessional, isn't it? To do that right in front of me?" She snarkily asked if I was "even a customer". When I said yes, for many years, she gave me the coin. I do not recommend this approach where you don't have a good relationship with the managers and a working knowledge of their procedures.
    Funny part is, the shiny one was a 40%, the other four dirty ones she gave me were 90%!
    Serves the sniper right Never back down or show any weakness.

Apr 2008
    Maryland
    Tesoro Tiger Shark
    136 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Happened to me once about 5-6 years ago at a BOA. Stopped in and asked for halves and the teller said she had $120 in CWRs. I asked to but them all and she said ok. She brought them out and proceeded to open them up and lo and behold they were all solid rolls of silver. She opened every roll and rewrapped them putting two rolls aside and sliding the other 10 rolls over to me. I asked for the other two rolls as well and she said "well I gotta get rich too." I asked her again saying "you told me I could have $120 I would like to buy them all and she again said no. I thanked her and took the coins she was willing to sell and I went straight to the manager and told her what happened. She took a twenty dollar bill from me went to the tellers window and exchanged it for other two rolls and brought them to me and apologized.

From that day forward until that teller retired I made an effort to deal with the other tellers because I knew every time I asked her I was going to get a no. Saw her the other day and she still gave me the stink eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links