What Is The Most Ridiculous CRH Post You've Ever Seen?

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over on Facebook, there is a group called "Coin Roll Hunting and Coin and Currency Collecting". From time to time, I see posts over there such as the following:

coin.jpg

This is probably the most extreme example, but there are plenty of others similar to it. Lots of newbs roaming around trying to get rich quick off of CRH. So now I'm curious...what is the most ridiculous CRH post you've ever seen? If you have a screenshot of the post, put it in the replies down below!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
a common gold coin in G condition for a $1,000

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole forum is the most ridiculous internet thing I've ever seen.

If you have a problem with our forum then don't log in. Stop the attacks on our forums and on members finds.

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DeathAndTaxes, please keep opinions to self. I personally enjoy this site a ton and find it very helpful!

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a problem with our forum then don't log in. Stop the attacks on our forums and on members finds.

Chill out Mr. Mod. Just a funny joke of mine. ;)

In all seriousness:
And not complimenting others on showing off their finds is not the same thing as attacking them -_-. Claiming I have to be more positive or get off the site is telling me what I can and cannot say. I have not once violated site rules, and I deeply respect my fellow treasure hunters who want a good place to get info on their hobby.

Okay?

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some wild offers on Offer up app here locally. I don't have screen shots but it is usually younger people thinking that wheat pennies are worth thousands. Even seen a mercury dime saying it was so rare that they dared you to find another....and yes they had a lot of money on it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you were making a joke this would have been the ideal thing to have put instead of a period ;)

I have been accused of having a strange sense of humor (I find it hard to believe) but I do use ;) a lot, just in case.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chill out Mr. Mod. Just a funny joke of mine. ;)

In all seriousness:
And not complimenting others on showing off their finds is not the same thing as attacking them -_-. Claiming I have to be more positive or get off the site is telling me what I can and cannot say. I have not once violated site rules, and I deeply respect my fellow treasure hunters who want a good place to get info on their hobby.

Okay?

Nothing in the quote says it is a joke, it is an attack on the forum. You have repeatedly mocked members finds as well as attacked members for posting videos of their finds.

There is no problem with not complimenting a find, mocking a find on the other hand does violate our rules. If you have any further questions please address via pm per our rules.

Last edited:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
". . . Just a funny joke of mine. . ." [emphasis added]

Because is was your post, you are qualified to contend that is was a joke. However, the funniness aspect of it must to be left to the beholder.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this forum a lot and I do believe its run well. You also have to monitor posts to help prevent scams, lanquage, and other issues as they appear. Thanks for running a tight ship.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the CRH posts and finds even though I don't do it. It would be fun to start but I have too many other irons in the fire so keep up all the posts, I like them. On a side note, many years ago we had a vending company in my area that would sell unsearched bags of coins from their machines, and I did quite well back then finding silver.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now back to our regular programming. Quin, the post you quoted is the most outrageous pricing I have seen from CRH'ing from facebook. I stumbled across a few on youtube which were quite reasonable. I haven't done much in awhile. I ask for customer wrapped rolls if I'm at a bank, halves only. They haven't had many lately. I think a lot of what we are seeing is young folks realizing a world existed before them and now they have found something called "silver" can be found at real banks. No slamming here, it happened to me once a long time ago, when I realized there was a whole world that existed before me. Teen years if remember correctly. Anyway, when I finally realized I was spending hours looking for that one Rosie in a box of dimes, which I could get $1.10 for, I just plain stopped. Along with that several other things happened I had no control over. My bank wanted to charge me $5 per box of coins to get me some. I told them to jump off a bridge. (Not really, but you get the drift.) I did close an account there. The other bank gave me a hard time putting coins in their counting machine, I mean come on, that's what it's there for! And I wasn't finding much. That was the killer. So I just went back to detecting in the nice warm weather beaches and woodlands with the birdies, squirrels, snakes, chiggers and ticks.:laughing7:

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
There are some wild offers on Offer up app here locally. I don't have screen shots but it is usually younger people thinking that wheat pennies are worth thousands. Even seen a mercury dime saying it was so rare that they dared you to find another....and yes they had a lot of money on it.

Lol, when I found my first wheat penny, I thought the same thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread