Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the bank to dump half dollars filled the bag, I was dumping $400 worth, while I was talking to the guy as he changed the bag I asked if they ever sell them, all other branches of that bank do not sell them he said yes they do but they have somebody who does coin roll hunting dimes and quarters and they would be normally nothing in the bed dimes and quarters cuz he dumps there however I don't think he does half dollars and they were $600 in halves in the bag I don't see any silver just looking at the bag when I get home I'll go through it even if I don't find anything at least they found another bank that will sell bags

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to get dimes at one of my pickup banks that gives bags, no dimes, so I settled for quarters, found 1 so far a real worn 1936

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Went through the halves, my $400 and the other $600. I think it was a dump, BUT I did find one 40% a 1968D so not a skunk

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like quarters, have never done well. This year I have found 5, yup 5, but that is 1 more than my lifetime total of quarters.

I think that people notice silver quarters and cull them. Halves are the best bet.

I think this bag of halves was someones dump (of course 400 of it was mine) but just shows either they missed the 40% or someone else put some coins in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread