Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me crazy, but I really like have Canadian coins in my rolls. It adds a lot of variety to the hunt. And, once in while, something like this happens:

IMG_E4720.JPG

This is a King George VI Canadian Nickel (minted from 1937-1952). Before this, I hadn't even found a Young Head (1953-1964) Canadian nickel in circulation yet. Getting this on the end of the roll was really awesome.

I decided to feature this box in the final episode of the Search for Silver, a series I started back in August of 2016. It was a happy ending- great box! Thanks for watching!

Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. It is one of the nice things about the hobby you never know what you will find! I found an Elvis in the Army half dollar once for example.

I have only found 2 Canadian silvers in my years.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. It is one of the nice things about the hobby you never know what you will find! I found an Elvis in the Army half dollar once for example.

I have only found 2 Canadian silvers in my years.

True that! Despite all of the Canadian coins I get up here, I've never found a Canadian silver. I pretty much exclusively hunt cents and nickels so that would explain it:laughing7:

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Quin are you going to have nickel placemats made?

Eventually! It might be a ways out though- they take a long time to design and I'm in the middle of a busy semester at school right now

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quin: where can I get place mats like that, cool to have when I'm with the gran kids having hunting episodes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread