Decent dime box

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a box of dimes today. First two rolls had a silver in them and I thought it was gonna be a really good box. After the first two rolls I only found one more. 3 silver isn’t bad though I’ll take it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521161470.695491.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to get the thrilling part of the shearch early, but hopes are drastically reduced when the well runs dry. I feel it's better to see the silver early, rather than the very end. Too depressing then, when you don't see any at all. Congrats on your 3-Rosies.
What kind of numbers are you running so far this year, avg, qty.

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to get the thrilling part of the shearch early, but hopes are drastically reduced when the well runs dry. I feel it's better to see the silver early, rather than the very end. Too depressing then, when you don't see any at all. Congrats on your 3-Rosies.
What kind of numbers are you running so far this year, avg, qty.

I really haven’t kept track but if I were to guess I would say around 1 per box . In the beginning of the year I was getting a lot of 2017 solid boxes

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going Mark. Back in 1960, my parents owned a restaurant, and those silver dimes were a dime a dozen lol:) You would of had a ball .

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good going Mark. Back in 1960, my parents owned a restaurant, and those silver dimes were a dime a dozen lol:) You would of had a ball .

RTR: you're right on, I was there. My folks owned a tavern/package goods liquor store back in 1957-1963., EVERYTHING was silver back then, then we were only keeping the Best Of The Best coins. Had I had only known then, of course I would have cashed in , in 1980 when the Hunt brothers tried to capture the silver market at $50/oz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread