Good copper break

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all. Just did my 4th break, had 20 rolls of pennies. I've been tracking distribution over my last few breaks, this one was 35% pre-82, so copper heavy. I found 43 coins from 59-74, all of which looked nearly brand new, over the course of 3-4 rolls, so someone must have exchanged a small collection or something. Also in this break I found 26 "S" coins (which I have been keeping cause why not), and I previously only had found maybe 10 total. Just wondering if anyone else has had such luck, or if this is somewhat normal? My previous copper %s were 26 and 29, so this was quite significant for me so far... Attached a pic of the older coins, have a tarnished 2012 and a new 2017 in the middle of the pic for reference too.
Coppers.jpeg

Upvote 0

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, and nice haul.

I tend to find about 25-30% coppers here in the midwest so your previous ratio of 26-29% is fairly typical.
Of the coppers I find, about 5% are 'S'. There is an occasional AU copper, but certainly not at the rate that you found them.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried several boxes here in Arkansas a few years back when copper prices were very high. I was entertaining purchasing a Ryedale and hitting them hard. However, my 20-25 box "sample" only yielded 11-12% copper and a 3-4 wheats per box average. Needless to say, I didn't purchase the Ryedale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread