Question: Which coin provider have you gotten the most silver from?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
to get a higher rank you need to post more

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to know which provider is the best. I have not gotten silver from coin rolls yet. :sadsmiley:

If anyone here knows which carrier provides silver please speak up. :laughing7:

In all seriousness there is no good answer for this. Carriers are different for every area in the U.S. Over time... About 6 years now... I've seen no noticeable difference between my carriers Garda and Loomis

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin provider I've gotten the most silver from are individuals that I affectionately call the "unknowing and the uncaring ". These folks drop off coins that i do "know and care" about, sometimes in rolls , sometimes in coin counters.This occurs in a random manner with respect to both time and place. Enjoy the hunt !

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Argentium has it right, you can go through many many boxes with nothing, then some person somewhere dumps grandpa's old coins into a coin machine in some bank and a few weeks/months later you hit a box with 40 to 100 silver coins. Just happens and it could have been any supplier, Brinks, Loomins, Wells Fargo that was the company that delivered those boxes. Its a hobby, so you might get lucky or you might not, part of the game.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Weighit: that's what exactly happened to me last Jan'2017. Got a bank rolled box of dimes (the kind that has holes on top to see the contents) that provided me a DREAM BOX of 98-silvers (65-mercs, 33-Rosies). However I didn't even bother to check for Enders, cuz there certainly was several. I keep asking myself what would the numbers have been if I found them via a $1000 bank BAG, huge to say the least. Always go for bags first, then customer wrapped rolls if possible. I'm still dreaming about that box, guess that's why they call it a Dream Box.

OP
OP
Y

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Weighit: that's what exactly happened to me last Jan'2017. Got a bank rolled box of dimes (the kind that has holes on top to see the contents) that provided me a DREAM BOX of 98-silvers (65-mercs, 33-Rosies). However I didn't even bother to check for Enders, cuz there certainly was several. I keep asking myself what would the numbers have been if I found them via a $1000 bank BAG, huge to say the least. Always go for bags first, then customer wrapped rolls if possible. I'm still dreaming about that box, guess that's why they call it a Dream Box.
What is a bank bag? Why exactly is a bag so good and how to get it? I doubt the banks close to me have bags of coins.

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a good ratio of silver from the LCS.
It is slightly higher priced than face value, however.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yankee: a bank bag are those bags of coins that come off the coin sorters/counting machines. Not all banks like to sell their bags, of those that do from their machines are limited in number. In my case even, this one bank name does sell, but NOT ALL branches will sell. This is where you can pick up a full dump of a demon before it gets diluted into many many boxes of coin.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Bags can be hit or miss, I did 3 $1000 bags of quarters and found 4 silver total, then my 4th bag I hit for 36 silver quarters and 1 80% silver Canadian. It all depends on someone unknowingly dumping a jar of coins into the counter. The bags then go to the couriers and are dumped into big bins and then sorted into rolls and put in boxes and then ordered by different banks and you get them from the bank.
Bags are best but no guarantee and most banks at least in SE Mass won't sell them.

OP
OP
Y

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Yankee: a bank bag are those bags of coins that come off the coin sorters/counting machines. Not all banks like to sell their bags, of those that do from their machines are limited in number. In my case even, this one bank name does sell, but NOT ALL branches will sell. This is where you can pick up a full dump of a demon before it gets diluted into many many boxes of coin.

Oh, the closest thing I have to a coin counter (technically it is one) is a Coinstar. No bank coin counters near me.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct me if I am wrong but banks that only accept rolled coins, once you start dumping thousands of dollars of halves they might get upset while in a couple months you can dump 5 or 6,000 halves into a coin counter and hardly be noticed. Granted you are researching halves over time as they get back into boxes..

I have been trying to dump in Loomis machines and pick up from Garda banks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread