Unlikely source

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
So, got my 3rd bag today, and figured I was in luck when the elderly lady in front of me deposited 8 half-dollars in front of me, which I promptly purchased back. I was quite excited that literally the first coin I pulled was a wheat, figured I was in for a good one. Not quite, as the bag yielded 11 wheats (34 was the oldest) and 13 canadian, with 25.11% copper overall (rather low #'s compared to the rest of my hunts). I did managed to get a couple nice wheats though, just not outta the bag. I had purchased the first edition redbook on Lincoln cents via e-bay, and the seller threw in a "bonus" small manilla envelope containing some wheats, including a 1909 (not the VDB, obviously) and a 1943-s, as well as a few mid 40s. I was quite thrilled by that, as now I just need the 43D. Nice little save for my day. Rather be lucky than good sometime.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You purchase a FIRST EDITION Red Book? What was the year date & price you paid? That alone is a collectors edition I'm sure.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
You purchase a FIRST EDITION Red Book? What was the year date & price you paid? That alone is a collectors edition I'm sure.

book.jpg

Sorry, that's the book I purchased. I have a feeling I mis-used the term Red Book... It is the first of this one, as I know there's now a 2nd edition out. Got it for like $6.75, and then got those "bonus" pennies, so def worth it!

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like that's the "red book" of Lincoln cents. I don't think it's actually called the red book, but it's by the same author.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My mistake, I thought you were talking about the U S COIN Red Book, didn't know there was one specifically for cents. Tks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread