The Singe Greatest Coin Roll Hunting Discovery Ever Caught on Camera!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Single Greatest Coin Roll Hunting Discovery Ever Caught on Camera!

This is without a doubt the single greatest coin roll hunting discovery ever caught on camera!

Screenshot (55).png

Here’s some context:

My brother Kevin and I are in the middle of another one of our coin roll hunting pennies competition hunts. I look over at Kevin’s roll and notice a wheat penny on the end nearest to me. We turn the camera on and record the wheat penny find.

Screenshot (56).png

Once that is over, I decide to leave the camera rolling as I tear into my next roll.

Upon opening the roll, I notice an interesting edge- it looks dark green and somewhat mangled. I decide to investigate. When I pull it out by its mangled edge, I expect to see a beat up parking lot coin or maybe an old circulated wheat. It was neither of those things.

Screenshot (58).png

What I saw next left me in utter shock and disbelief...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let’s leave this thread to die, too much strife caused through it.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Credibility is slowly earned, but quickly spent. If the goal is to be considered a legitimate and serious ambassador for the hobby, gimmicky theatrics (click-bait title; cheesy, overly dramatic, wide-eyed photos; etc) are the most sure way to fail that goal. If the goal is simply to amass clicks to the link, there'll be a few from here as membership turns over. But, the serious hobbyist won't be fooled twice.

Think of it like a cheap date on the street corner. MAybe good for a go around but you never marry her

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
“Caught on camera” != “filmed”

There are tons of videos of Indian heads being found, but none of them show the sealed roll being opened. They all just show the coin after it’s already been identified.

The amazing thing about this find is that the roll that contained it was opened live on camera. This is incredibly rare.

Almost as rare as an actual legitimate CRher in any of these videos

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
It weighs 2.8 grams so definitely not a fatty. I will try to get some better pics of it soon.

I get where you're coming from Immy, but I think it's a bit of a jump to suggest that I change the way I document this hobby just because there are some people here who don't like how I do it. In my version of the hobby, I don't take high quality photos or thoroughly document each hunt with spreadsheets and numbers like I see a lot of people on here do. Not that there's anything wrong with doing it that way; it's just not how I prefer to do the hobby.

When I share a video on this forum, I am sharing the story and the excitement of the hunt more than anything else. I am not interested in the value of these coins- if I was then I wouldn't last long in the hobby. I am interested in the thrill of the hunt and that is what I like to share. If I'm not sharing that then I'm not interested in sharing at all.

To summarize, I don't get excited about pictures and lists of X coins found on date Y. I get excited about the story and the hunt itself. That's what I'm going to continue to share, whether the vocal minority approve or not.

I know someone who used to get real excited about a hobby too.

diggers.jpg

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Quin...meet members Caleb12 and molgreg...you guys should hit it off...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One Indian Cent? A couple years ago I got 8 rolls of Walkers and Franklins from a bank with a few Barbers thrown in. CRH can be fun, but thread needs a nap. And the way this site works, it's coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread