3 IHPs in 1 bag!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
This is either insane luck or was a collection dump, I found 3 Indian heads in the same bag!
1897 IHP.jpg 1897 IHP obv.jpg 1897 IHP date.jpg

1900 IHP.jpg 1900 IHP obv.jpg 1900 IHP date.jpg

1906 IHP.jpg 1906 IHP obv.jpg 1906 IHP date.jpg

4 in my last 2 bags now, can't believe my luck. I felt fortunate to have found one, now I just feel spoiled. Perks of living in a heavily elderly community I guess. Best of luck hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! That's a great bag for sure. They definitely had to come from the same place.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, guessing a collection dump, since in addition to the 3 IHPs, also had 20 Wheats:
1919s
1930d
1930s
1944 x2
1950d x2
1954d
1956d x2
1957d
1958d x3

Quite the haul from this bag, VERY happy right now!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think that it came from a COLLECTION as we tend to think of, otherwise and since it came out of a bank BAG, there would have been a lot more Wheaties than shown. Yes, they most likely came from one persons coffee can holdings from a holding drawer in their house. Great find none the less, and congrats. A bank bag is the best way to catch a collection dump, where you get it ALL, unless the bag got full halfway through the dump cycle. I would go back to the bank to see if other demon bags are avail & GOOD LUCK.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that it came from a COLLECTION as we tend to think of, otherwise and since it came out of a bank BAG, there would have been a lot more Wheaties than shown. Yes, they most likely came from one persons coffee can holdings from a holding drawer in their house. Great find none the less, and congrats. A bank bag is the best way to catch a collection dump, where you get it ALL, unless the bag got full halfway through the dump cycle. I would go back to the bank to see if other demon bags are avail & GOOD LUCK.

Agreed. Not a coin collection dump, but more like a hoard dump.

I once did a garage sale (the only one I've ever done) and put in the advertisement: "Large amounts of loose coins are welcome. Coin counting machine on-site!". I only had 2 people show up with coins. I got 1 silver dime from one of those and from the other, I got 8 IHC and 30+ wheat. For both of them, I cashed out their entire coin jar (not just their garage sale purchase). I had bought a royal sovereign coin sorter/counter from Sam's club a very long time ago and thought this would be a chance to pull from some coin jars. If I ever do a garage sale again, I will repeat.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work. I would be excited if I could find coins like that CRHing. I don't do a lot of pennies but I have only pulled two Barbers out of circulation and a few 1912-1914 early wheats. I got one Indian from the coin star but it was obviously cleaned. Thats awesome and inspiring. I hope your luck continues.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all. I wasn't sure about it being a hoard dump, as it only came out to be 23% copper, which is the lowest of the 8 bags I've done now. Definitely want to go back to the same branch in the hopes of more, but already dumped my previous bag there, so will probably wind up re-sorting those.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
That's outstanding! Nice work my friend. I haven't found an IHP in my last $1,700 worth of pennies.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and nice pics Rosco. Your making some good use out of that new microscope! :)

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's outstanding! Nice work my friend. I haven't found an IHP in my last $1,700 worth of pennies.

I never expected to be this lucky. I have 5 in about 44000 pennies now. Best of luck hunting, hope you find the next one!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never expected to be this lucky. I have 5 in about 44000 pennies now. Best of luck hunting, hope you find the next one!

You might be in a prime location.

However, being in a smaller community could be a mixed blessing. Many hunters have felt secure in their banking situation only to be totally blind-sided, i.e. abruptly cutoff. Someone in a more concentrated area can recover by building new bank relationships. But, if there are only 2 branches of 1 parent bank in play, then cutoff means end of the road.

It's hard to judge whether the best strategy is to hit it as hard as you can for as long as they let you, or go slow and steady. I hope it works out for as long as you want it to.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco: you don't live on or near an Indian reservation, do you? Lucky you, congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread